Where Is Everyone?

Quailtail

Where Is Everyone?

Post by Quailtail » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:49 pm

This site used to be quite active. Not so much anymore. How come?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Where Is Everyone?

Post by Sharon » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:19 pm

You'll find this to be true on all hunting/gun dog forums ; social media is more interesting to many people.

Interestingly though , we usually have 40 - 50 + guests(and some members) on here just reading threads during any 5 minute period. They don't post, but are obviously seeking to learn from what has been posted.
That makes it worthwhile imo.

PS Of course during hunting season we always have fewer contributions .

PPS I see you have only posted 70 times in 17 years( 4 times this year) here so your perspective may be .............
Folks can see how many are on line at the very bottom of the "Board Index" page ( main page).
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Max2

Post by Max2 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:21 am

I like to check in and add when I can :D We need folks like the Irish whistler to get threads going I think . I miss the man and all his positive input. A good man !

cbump

Post by cbump » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:42 pm

I’m no help to the forum because I post either, but I was curious about this as well. I just signed on today to see what pups were for sale and that section is very inactive.

Does anyone have info on a good vizsla or draahthar litter?

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:00 pm

cbump wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:42 pm
I’m no help to the forum because I post either, but I was curious about this as well. I just signed on today to see what pups were for sale and that section is very inactive.

Cbump I sent you a PM

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:14 pm

deseeker wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:00 pm
cbump wrote:

Cbump I sent you a PM
I'm just wondering why there is a requirement to post on a public forum that they have sent a pm? Surely the pm would have been suffice ? Another thing ...If Someone just signed in to see what pups were for sale ,Surely they would look or request in the 'Pups for sale section'?
Yes, fb is more interactive these days ,as Sharon highlighted, probably because there is less admin control on individuals page or post .That may be a good thing or a bad thing , time will tell I suppose . For me personally , I only come on this site when I get a reminder 'ding' on my phone ,but that may be due to my settings or just the amount of posts responded to ..I don't know ?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:26 pm

There is no "requirement" to post on a public forum that a PM has been sent. Many members do that to make sure the member sees that they have a PM as many members forget to look up at their private message alert at the top right of the page. No "dinging " coming from here. Must be a phone setting you have.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

cbump

Post by cbump » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:35 pm

polmaise wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:14 pm
deseeker wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:00 pm
cbump wrote:

Cbump I sent you a PM
I'm just wondering why there is a requirement to post on a public forum that they have sent a pm? Surely the pm would have been suffice ? Another thing ...If Someone just signed in to see what pups were for sale ,Surely they would look or request in the 'Pups for sale section'?
Yes, fb is more interactive these days ,as Sharon highlighted, probably because there is less admin control on individuals page or post .That may be a good thing or a bad thing , time will tell I suppose . For me personally , I only come on this site when I get a reminder 'ding' on my phone ,but that may be due to my settings or just the amount of posts responded to ..I don't know ?

I’m just wondering if you read my post at all or just felt the need to comment? I clearly referenced the dogs for sale section. I must have missed the pups for sale section though. That’s sarcasm btw.

Also, if they had not told me the pmd I wouldn’t have known. I get no notifications from this forum and only came back to see if anyone responded to this particular thread. Didn’t see that I had a pm til I read that they pmd. So thanks.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:13 pm

cbump wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:35 pm
I get no notifications from this forum and only came back to see if anyone responded to this particular thread. Didn’t see that I had a pm til I read that they pmd. So thanks.
I get an e-mail from robsnell regularly ..I must be special . lol.
It's good that you are more active on the site though? eh'. Thought that's what the thread was about . Apologies and hope you find the pup you seek.
Best regards .

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:39 pm

...........Also, if they had not told me the pmd I wouldn’t have known. I get no notifications from this forum and only came back to see if anyone responded to this particular thread. Didn’t see that I had a pm til I read that they pmd. So thanks.
[/quote] Chump

Maybe I can help. To know if you have a PM check the top right corner. Notifications or Private Message will light up. Of course this only happens if you have gone to the control panel and okay'd such options. To get to the control panel click on your name in the top right corner. Click on "Board Preferences" Click on "edit notification options".

Glad to have you back; PM me anytime I can help.

edited as I gave some wrong info :oops:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:35 pm

Forgot all that. Thanks.

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:28 pm

I'm just glad this forum is available. I rarely post, but check in daily, and have learned a great deal from those like RayG, CoveyRise, and others who've been there and done that.

I'm an admitted dinosaur, and do not use Facebook. Obviously a great concept but it's use to politically manipulate users renders it less than appealing to me. I've managed to survive quite well without it.

Thanks to all who make this forum possible. Keep up the good work.....

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:46 pm

ckirsch wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:28 pm
I'm just glad this forum is available. I rarely post, but check in daily, and have learned a great deal from those like RayG, CoveyRise, and others who've been there and done that.

I'm an admitted dinosaur, and do not use Facebook. Obviously a great concept but it's use to politically manipulate users renders it less than appealing to me. I've managed to survive quite well without it.

*Thumbs up*

Max2

Post by Max2 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:51 am

ckirsch wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:28 pm

This could be me :D I'm with ya ! :D
I do exactly the same thing and this is why I post because I know that their are many others just like us out "here"

mask

Post by mask » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:40 pm

I try and hunt at least three days a week this time of year plus I just sent two outside dogs to their owners that were here for training. Bird numbers are way down and hunting is tough but I go anyway. Best to all and good hunting.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:14 pm

Appreciate the support here. The 3 mods count it a privilege to serve you in your use of the forum. Thank you. :)

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:24 pm

Facist Book has taken a lot of the posters and that's a real shame. On Facist Book, you can be rude, surely, gross, etc. You can say anything about dog training no matter how ridiculous and someone will disagree and someone will agree. There is more totally worthless information passed on the FB posts than at any other place. It is also the king of hot spotting. The good thing is, it's very easy to post pictures there and a P.I.T.A. on these forums. Guys like posting pictures and they make it easy. There is superb training advice posted on this forum and is someone posts something others disagree with, they are quickly called out on it and made to justify their position. I think FB will eventually be the death of these forums and that's a real shame. A tremendous resource will have been lost.

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:19 pm

Don't remember hearing it called Fascist Book before :lol: .

504_Greek

Post by 504_Greek » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:54 am

Most likely similar groups on FB. Seems like that popular.