Greetings!

TxReddog

Greetings!

Post by TxReddog » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:17 pm

Greetings all,

New member here that’s a lifelong hunter that loves to hunt especially with dogs. Native Texan and my wife claims that I only have 2 seasons, hunting season & almost hunting season. Both my wife & I are retired military and yes she out ranked me. Although she was Air Force & Army for me. I’ve learned not to point out the differences.

Hopefully by the end of March we will be welcoming our new pup to the house. This will be our third Vizsla that we have been graced with. I’m really looking forward to my new hunting buddy that will help me hunt the South & West Texas quail. I always enjoy talking & reading about hunting dogs.

Cheers!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Greetings!

Post by Sharon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:24 pm

Welcome to the forum. Your sense of humor is welcomed too. :) Let a Mod know if we can do anything to help you in your use of the forum.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Meller

Post by Meller » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:41 pm

Welcome to the forum, and be sure to share all the experiences with the new puppy. And lots of pictures. :D

weimdogman

Post by weimdogman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:22 am

Welcome to the forum. I see plenty of good Vizslas so should be a good choice for that Texas heat.

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:30 am

Welcome to GDF!

You'll find a ton of information and interesting takes here.

TxReddog

Post by TxReddog » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:24 pm

Thank y’all for the welcoming. I’m looking forward to reading about the different experiences & training techniques.

I’m going to try Ronnie Smith’s silent command training system with my new pup. It is very interesting & seems like it will fit a Vizslas personality well. Even old dogs like me can learn new things

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:34 pm

Welcome to the forum. If you ever want info on Spud bird hunting let me know. We aren't just an upland game state.