Sad news about our member Irishwhistler

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Sad news about our member Irishwhistler

Post by Sharon » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:17 pm

by gundogguy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 am

It is with a heavy heart I write this to report Mike Enright, aka Irishwhistler, passed away suddenly yesterday morning at his home in Connecticut.

A fixture on this board, dog trainer, artist, photographer, retired game warden, and a true outdoor gentleman, he will be missed by many. Personally I will miss his outstanding photographs, insight on the many topics on this board, and the brotherhood he shared with me. I will regret never getting together for a pheasant or goose hunt with him in CT.

I know there are others here who knew Mike better than I did, and my heart goes out to all of them and of course his family and beloved gun dogs.

Hal
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Sad news about our member Irishwhistler

Post by Sharon » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:50 pm

This is such sad news; I feel so badly about it. Mike's pictures added so much to our forum. He was a kind member and always a gentleman. Rest in peace Mike.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Walk213

Post by Walk213 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:29 pm

Mike was very kind in his critique of my dog training skills. He was able to convey what I needed to do to get better without patronizing or belittling me.

I was appreciative of his remarkable insight.

Rest in peace, Mike.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:34 pm

A sad loss for the forum community. His photography showed such regard for his dogs and the outdoors.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Wow, really sad news. I will be drinking a wee bit of Jameson for my fellow Irishman, while I revisit some of his work this evening.

The Irish have a saying.....“It’s a bad hound that’s not worth the whistling.” Judging by his work, it seems the Irishwhistler has had good reason to whistle.

We are minus a real class act.
Last edited by Garrison on Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:41 pm

So sorry to hear. How old a guy was Mike?

Max2

Post by Max2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:40 pm

I think if you folks had a like button over here Mike would have gotten a lot of likes ! I first read about his passing on the only other board I go on and must say pure shock was what I felt. Mike helped me so many times and I have seen him offer help to others as well . A true dog man & gentleman . He will be sadly missed . For me folks like Mike are the main reason I come to these sites. Such a giving individual . Always willing to help .
I will miss you Mike Rest easy my friend .
Chris

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:04 am

I'm truly gutted.

Thanks Mike, rest in peace sir~

weimdogman

Post by weimdogman » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 am

Thanks Mike for all the great pictures,interesting and informative stories and sound advice. You will be missed.