couples trip

dog dr

couples trip

Post by dog dr » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:52 am

My wife and I have some friends we like to vacation with, and this year its the guys turn to pick the destination and plan the trip (they made us go to Disney world last yr). Would love to find something where the boys can do some hunting and/or fishing, and the girls could still go do their thing too (shop or whatever it is they like to do). And of course then we all get back together at the end of the day. Any suggestions??

Tooling

Re: couples trip

Post by Tooling » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Lake Tahoe

Can't comment on the hunting opportunities w/respect to access however there are birds there (Quail) so a bit of diligence should provide the answer - California & Nevada share the view of the lake. I think the Chukar mecca is w/in driving distance for all day excursions.

diplomat019

Post by diplomat019 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:33 pm

miami. shopping and nightlife, plus some excellent fishing. hog hunting as well no too far.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:48 am

When do you plan to go?
If it's a summer trip, try northern Lower Michigan, around Traverse City or Petoskey. Touristy type shopping, loads of day trips through beautiful country, lots of lakes and streams, wineries, microbreweries etc.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:53 pm

and then slip into Ontario for some great fishing. :)

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:20 pm

How about Barnsley Gardens in NW GA? Not a lot shopping, but a nice quiet resort with great restaurants, nice golf course, spa, and most importantly, quail hunting. You can also fish the small ponds on property for bass. Plus, they have the Nations only Ceasar Guerini shooting school, and they allow dogs. We try and go every year. I go hunting and my wife goes to the spa, or horse back riding, or to the spa, and then back to the spa! :-)

bagofdonuts

Post by bagofdonuts » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:38 am

If its a winter trip. South Louisiana woodcock hunting. Cajun food, dance halls, and we stayed in an old plantation home.