Not much of a brag... but humorous

John S

Not much of a brag... but humorous

Post by John S » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:53 pm

I hope this gives you all a chuckle as it did me and some others.....
This past Sunday our Club hosted the Senior Games. This is a series of events that senior citizens partake in ranging from canoing, track events and in our case, rifle, Shotgun and Archery events.
Some of the seniors have never fired a gun so it is quite an interesting day. As an RSO I was in charge of the Trap field for the trap events. We had several squads of seniors coming through and shooting two rounds apiece. As usual I had Scout with me but die to the seniors I had him tethered by the truck where he was relaxing in the shade. At one point in between rounds I let him loose to run a bit and he got to chasing some flying grasshoppers. Everyone sitting around waiting for their turn thought it funny to watch him chase after these things.
At one point he actually caught one and had it down on the ground. Everytime it moved he would swat it with his paw then sniff at it. While the seniors were chuckling at his antics I called to him and yelled "Fetch it up", and from about 30 yards away he picked it up in his mouth and promptly trotted over to me and spit it out at my feet. At this the crowd broke into laughter and applause and Scout was the talk of the Seniors for the rest of the day:)
Good boy Scout LOL....

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Re: Not much of a brag... but humorous

Post by mountaindogs » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:03 am

love these kind of moments :)

Dogs bring so much joy to our lives in simple silly ways.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Re: Not much of a brag... but humorous

Post by Ruffshooter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is just keeping me chuckling.
thanks,
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick