Obama's 23 steps

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Obama's 23 steps

Post by ACooper » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:09 pm

1. "Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system."

2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."

4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."

5. "Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun."

6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers."

7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."

8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)."

9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations."

10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement."

11. "Nominate an ATF director."

12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."

13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."

16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."

19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education."

20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."

21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."

22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations."

23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health."

topher40
GDF Junkie

Re: Obama's 23 steps

Post by topher40 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:12 pm

How are legal gun owners such an issue while he hasnt passed a budget since obtaining office, illegal immigration, feds selling guns to the mexican cartels, growing debt, health care crisis, should I keep going?
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Remember when I sid it is not about controlling guns but it is about controlling gun owners? Read the list again and tell me I am wrong.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

SpinoneIllinois

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:25 pm

The part that really bugs me, is encouraging doctors to ask patients about guns in the home. The docs and nurses will be asking little kids if mom and dad have guns. What the heck? My doctor already has enough things to get on my case about.
It's all part of the effort to castigate and stigmatize gun owners.
They're doing it in schools, too -- asking children if their parents have guns. You can bet that No. 7, the "responsible gun ownership campaign," will include taxpayer-funded indoctrination in schools about the evils of guns.
And now the media is publishing maps, with the names and addresses of gun owners.
Pretty soon, we'll have to wear scarlet letters on our chests.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:33 pm

A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl,
Miss., was halted by
the school's vice
principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he
kept in his
truck.
� A 1998 middle school shooting ended
when a man living next door heard gunfire and
apprehended the shooter with his
shotgun.
� A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli
school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher
and a school
guard.
� A 2002 law school shooting in
Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when
students carrying
firearms confronted the
shooter.
� A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah ,
ended when an armed off-duty police officer
intervened.
� A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston,
Texas , was halted by two coworkers who carried
concealed handguns.
� A 2012 church shooting in Aurora,
Colo., was stopped by a member of the
congregation carrying a
gun.
� At the recent mall shooting in
Portland, Ore. , the gunman took his own life
minutes after being confronted by a shopper
carrying a concealed weapon.
2500 times last year alone legal gun
owners stopped violent crime when confronted
with it long before any police assistance

Of course, you probably didn't
know any of this
because mainstream media doesn't find it worth
reporting. It's not sensational enough and
doesn't fit with their agenda. What's insane is
people who think removing rights from
responsible people will somehow keep them
safe.

JonnyNC

Post by JonnyNC » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:52 pm

...from my cold, dead hands.

-Charlton Heston

brad27

Post by brad27 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Most of those steps are too vague to draw any conclusion.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:26 pm

How many sane people go into school, or other public place and shoot people - 0
How many crazy people that want to kill people, worry about the law - 0

You can't solve the problem when you don't focus on the cause. But Obama knows that this will not solve the problem, but he thinks it will make his political opponents look bad.
Steve

duckn66

Post by duckn66 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:49 pm

brad27 wrote:Most of those steps are too vague to draw any conclusion.
I would have to agree with this.

How many children have died in schools because of fire? Answer - 0. Why? Because we have preventative measures in place and we practice what to do when a fire may break out. The preventative measures are very unintrusive and barely noticable. We could do the same with preventative measures to keep crazies out of schools with guns, knives or whatever.

Are the people of this country so brain washed about guns being evil that they think strict gun laws will be the answer? Why not add educate people? Education is a very powerful tool. Education is cheap and effective. Lets educate and put preventative measures in place.

Don't tie my hands as a responsible gun owner. Responsible gun owners shouldn't be punished for a crime committed by a nut job with a gun!

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:53 pm

The Education system is being used to train people that guns are the problem.
Steve

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 am

What should be added to this topic is the cost for all of this. 4.5 BILLION $$$$.
We have millions of people out of work, a crumbling economy and many other deficits and all they can worry about is screwing law abiding gun owners.

Many shootings that are halted by an arm citizen and never make it to the news. Like what was said in a previous post. Lad times just released a article about all the shootings like that, that have been solved by citizens being armed.

I think some people in this country need a wake up call. The lies of the media and government will never end. But educating people on the facts is what we need. When I was in school we had archery class. We also discused firearms and safety in that class. Every school system should do something like this. Hunters ed teaches kids a lot also..

Some links on all of this.
http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/least ... 96120.html

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/ar ... -74024845/

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Obama's 23 steps

Post by ACooper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:30 am

brad27 wrote:Most of those steps are too vague to draw any conclusion.
I agree as well, and I am not automatically opposed to everything just because its Obama. I agree that there needs to be better back ground info, I also think that every person going to a gun show should have to pass a back ground check when they go in, or at least when they make a purchase.

Tyler S

Post by Tyler S » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:01 am

How many lives have guns SAVED? A question that's avoided by the media and our politicians.

My wife renewed her CC permit last week. The chief deputy told her that their response time in our part of the county was more than 15 min. and to call 911 after the fact if she had to. This is the first time she's everbeen told that.

It's been all over the news here also that county sheriffs are opposed to any other restrictions. Imagine that.

Looks like hollywood got off light too. Didn't see to much on them in the points either.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:18 am

Thanks for the articles and links. I plan on passing them around on facebook. And to school administration in my area. I am all for armed staff in my kids schools. Without guns we are sitting ducks.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:27 am

Ms. Cage wrote:A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl,
Miss., was halted by
the school's vice
principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he
kept in his
truck.
� A 1998 middle school shooting ended
when a man living next door heard gunfire and
apprehended the shooter with his
shotgun.
� A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli
school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher
and a school
guard.
� A 2002 law school shooting in
Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when
students carrying
firearms confronted the
shooter.
� A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah ,
ended when an armed off-duty police officer
intervened.
� A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston,
Texas , was halted by two coworkers who carried
concealed handguns.
� A 2012 church shooting in Aurora,
Colo., was stopped by a member of the
congregation carrying a
gun.
� At the recent mall shooting in
Portland, Ore. , the gunman took his own life
minutes after being confronted by a shopper
carrying a concealed weapon.
2500 times last year alone legal gun
owners stopped violent crime when confronted
with it long before any police assistance
in
Of course, you probably didn't
know any of this
because mainstream media doesn't find it worth
reporting. It's not sensational enough and
doesn't fit with their agenda. What's insane is
people who think removing rights from
responsible people will somehow keep them
safe.
Do you have verification for these facts. Do you have info on how many innocent bystanders get shot on the streets of Minneapolis and ST Paul or how many people got shot trying to stop a crime. Cj

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 am

cjhills wrote:Do you have info on how many innocent bystanders get shot on the streets of Minneapolis and ST Paul or how many people got shot trying to stop a crime. Cj
No idea. You a can bet ahellofa lot less then the cars used by drunks to kill innocent people.

doco
Location: Massena, NY - on the Northermost US/Canadian Border

Post by doco » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Here's my proposal for Gun Control....The Death Penalty! Any person who commits a crime which involves a Gun should be automatically awarded the Death penalty. Irregardless if the firearm was used or not!

There are 10,000 homocides by gun/yr. It's 90K/yr to house a prisoner. Those crimes involve a minimum of 10,000 district attorneys and god only knows how many Public Defenders. If Obama Been Lyin is interested in saving just 1 life with his proposals, then I feel that this option will certainly save more than banning assault weapons will. This Country needs to have punishment for Gun Wielding Criminals that are not going to abide anyway.

If it cuts homocides in half, that is over $450 mil/yr saved in housing them. If the rest are executed, then we have saved almost $1 Billion/yr. That is a proposal I can sink my teeth into and then I would be able to say that he is truly interested in saving innocent lives!
If You Ain't Lettin Lead Fly, Nothin Falls......

KJ's Hightailing Saddle x Von Grief's Abbey Road Litter
Whelped 12/23/2010

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3061

FC Von Greif's Abbey Road
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3059

FC/AFC Heidi Von Greif
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3060

duckn66

Post by duckn66 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Doco I like your way of thinking!

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:37 pm

duckn66 wrote:Doco I like your way of thinking!
Me too :)

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:57 pm

The flip side of the coin. Should a person who has a verbel argument with their wife or girl friend loss thier gun rights because a cop decides that someone needs to be charged with a domestic over a simple argument? IMO it's just one more way to limit people of thier gun rights. Even thou domestic is a misdemeanor. Yet a person can be busted 4,5, 6 times for possession of a small amount (pot) misdemeanors and still have the right to bare arms and carry consealed!!! IMO if a gun was not used in a crime there should be no loss of gun rights... Misdemeanor or felony !!!
Last edited by Ms. Cage on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:01 pm

doco wrote:Here's my proposal for Gun Control....The Death Penalty! Any person who commits a crime which involves a Gun should be automatically awarded the Death penalty. Irregardless if the firearm was used or not!

There are 10,000 homocides by gun/yr. It's 90K/yr to house a prisoner. Those crimes involve a minimum of 10,000 district attorneys and god only knows how many Public Defenders. If Obama Been Lyin is interested in saving just 1 life with his proposals, then I feel that this option will certainly save more than banning assault weapons will. This Country needs to have punishment for Gun Wielding Criminals that are not going to abide anyway.

If it cuts homocides in half, that is over $450 mil/yr saved in housing them. If the rest are executed, then we have saved almost $1 Billion/yr. That is a proposal I can sink my teeth into and then I would be able to say that he is truly interested in saving innocent lives!
I like your way of thinking, but your numbers are WAY off, you used the cost to house a death row inmate ($90,000 a year), the cost to house a prisoner runs about $20,000-$25,000 a year (that includes murders not on death row).

doco

Post by doco » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:29 pm

[quote=]"nikegundog" but your numbers are WAY off, you used the cost to house a death row inmate ($90,000 a year), the cost to house a prisoner runs about $20,000-$25,000 a year (that includes murders not on death row).[/quote]

That was a number I found last month. Upon further investigation today on E-How, very quickly.....Avg from $129/night to $198/night (New York). The Cost is the least significant part of the equation if what he says is what he means.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:36 pm

SetterNut wrote:The Education system is being used to train people that guns are the problem.

Not in my classroom.....

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:40 pm

doco wrote:
That was a number I found last month. Upon further investigation today on E-How, very quickly.....Avg from $129/night to $198/night (New York). The Cost is the least significant part of the equation if what he says is what he means.
I worked in a privately ran prison for a number of years, a few years ago the contract rate was about $58 a day, for a long term medium security inmate (lots of murders in medium security prisons), we housed prisoners from HI, MN, WS, ND, WN, and ID.

Jiminla

Post by Jiminla » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:53 pm

He's taking everything. Our rights, our money, our pride, our sense of security. My check is 51.00 less every pay period now. 1024.00 a year less that I have to enjoy the things that interest myself. I don't like it! I could use this on my hunting lease and dog supplies. Isn't it great to be a working American these days! No one ever foots the bill for me!!

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 pm

ATT00007.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Jiminla wrote:He's taking everything. Our rights, our money, our pride, our sense of security. My check is 51.00 less every pay period now. 1024.00 a year less that I have to enjoy the things that interest myself. I don't like it! I could use this on my hunting lease and dog supplies. Isn't it great to be a working American these days! No one ever foots the bill for me!!
I am no fan of Obama, but the payroll tax break was passed while he was in office and was part of the stimulus package, and now it was allowed to expire under him but had bipartisan support. Blame all of them!

We as a voting public need to wake up, it isn't just Obama and the Democrats it's a large majority of Republicans as well, they do not have our best interest at heart.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:41 pm

jimbo&rooster wrote:
SetterNut wrote:The Education system is being used to train people that guns are the problem.

Not in my classroom.....

Jim

Thats good. Thanks.
Steve

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Ms. Cage wrote:
ATT00007.jpg
I know if it was on the internet it has to be true, but I don't know one single person who was killed with a baseball bat. I haven't seen one mass murder in a school ,mall or theater that the weapon of choice was a baseball bat. I haven't seen or heard of one cop that was killed with a baseball bat. I do lead a pretty sheltered life but I seriuosly doubt that more people are killed with bats than with guns.. Just more meaningless bs that clouds the real issue.
Also your post concerning drunk drivers points out the fact that their are more drunk drivers than drunk shooters. I would like to see less of both. If we can't drive drunk should we be able to pack drunk. It is our constitutional right.
Now, the new regs are just more of the same old and will make no difference.
I don't see the death penalty for gun crimes haveing much effect on mass shooters who turn the gun on themselves in the end. Cj

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Jerry, If you have a problem with everything I post, maybe you should ignore my posts !!!! :idea:

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Sorry, I thought this was a discussion. Not just your side or the wrong side. Thanks. I didn't get it. I wiil take your advise.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 pm

cjhills wrote:I haven't seen or heard of one cop that was killed with a baseball bat.
Very simple, cops have guns !!!

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Ms. Cage wrote:Jerry, If you have a problem with everything I post, maybe you should ignore my posts !!!! :idea:
I don't know you but.....
For being a shorthair lover you still have some pretty good posts. :D

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Ms. Cage wrote:
cjhills wrote:I haven't seen or heard of one cop that was killed with a baseball bat.
But cops get shot because civilians also have guns!!!!!! Cj

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 pm

cjhills wrote:
Ms. Cage wrote:
But cops get shot because civilians also have guns!!!!!! Cj
How do you know? Sounds like something you have heard or seen on the internet. You can't pick and choose what you want to believe when it comes from the same sources.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:58 am

But cops get shot because civilians also have guns!!!!!! Cj[/quote]

How do you know? Sounds like something you have heard or seen on the internet. You can't pick and choose what you want to believe when it comes from the same sources.

Ezzy[/quote]
How do I know Cops get shot or is it because civilians have guns?
Either way I didn't read it on the internet. It happens fairly often and is a fairly big news story when it happens. We just had one of the biggest funerals ever, with law enforcment people from five states and Canada for a young father who was a cop and was shot investigating a domestic abuse case. It is not something I read on the internet. This was in a very small town where everybody knows everbody. Not a big city Gangster shooting. If you have never heard of a cop getting shot you definitely live in a different world than I do. Especially with Chicago in your state.
I just have a bit of a problem with people posting items from the internet which may or may not be true. Putting baseball bats in the same category as guns is ludicrous and just clouds the real issues. We can all find something to prove our point on the internet. Most is wrong of course, but who cares we made our point.
Why do people get so defensive about listening to the other side. There is a problem whether we admit it or not. It seems this forum is"my way or the hiway". Good plan if it works for you. Not for me I like to hear both sides. See Ya Cj

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Obama's 23 steps

Post by ACooper » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am

cjhills wrote: How do I know Cops get shot or is it because civilians have guns?
Either way I didn't read it on the internet. It happens fairly often and is a fairly big news story when it happens. We just had one of the biggest funerals ever, with law enforcment people from five states and Canada for a young father who was a cop and was shot investigating a domestic abuse case. It is not something I read on the internet. This was in a very small town where everybody knows everbody. Not a big city Gangster shooting. If you have never heard of a cop getting shot you definitely live in a different world than I do. Especially with Chicago in your state.
I just have a bit of a problem with people posting items from the internet which may or may not be true. Putting baseball bats in the same category as guns is ludicrous and just clouds the real issues. We can all find something to prove our point on the internet. Most is wrong of course, but who cares we made our point.
Why do people get so defensive about listening to the other side. There is a problem whether we admit it or not. It seems this forum is"my way or the hiway". Good plan if it works for you. Not for me I like to hear both sides. See Ya Cj
I agree 100% many stats and graphs you see on the www are full of half truths (or no truths) and are manipulated to support one agenda or another.

If we as gun owners want to be taken seriously we have look at all the numbers and all the facts. We cannot continue to regurgitate things just because "someone" said so!

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 pm

cjhills wrote:Putting baseball bats in the same category as guns is ludicrous and just clouds the real issues.
I think the point is there are many items used as deadly weapons besides guns. People use baseball bats, tire irons, knives, clubs, etc. A piece of thin piano wire can be as lethal as anything in the wrong hands. Unfortunately baseball bats are the number one none gun weapon used. They are built to swing and delivery powerful blows. History has proven this time and time again. None of these items are dangerous includung guns until you add the human element with intent to harm or kill.. Cops risk thier lives everyday. It's part of thier job. Cops know the risk and chose to be peace officers. No different then a lifer in the military. We haven't had a peace officer shot and killed in the line of duty since the very late 70's , early 80's in Itasca or St Louis counties So where would you sugjest info comes from ? We can't trust the internet, local or national news, the government is filled with BS..
Last edited by Ms. Cage on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:14 pm

My wife doesnt really care about gun control, she is nervous about them being in the house even though they are in a safe with trigger guards and the ammo is locked up too...She has asked me the best question of all, does the Pres. or his family travel with less firearms now to showcase more gun control and not everyone should have a gun.

Corry

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Ms. Cage wrote:The flip side of the coin. Should a person who has a verbel argument with their wife or girl friend loss thier gun rights because a cop decides that someone needs to be charged with a domestic over a simple argument? IMO it's just one more way to limit people of thier gun rights. Even thou domestic is a misdemeanor. Yet a person can be busted 4,5, 6 times for possession of a small amount (pot) misdemeanors and still have the right to bare arms and carry consealed!!! IMO if a gun was not used in a crime there should be no loss of gun rights... Misdemeanor or felony !!!
Well instead of internet info, how 'bout some first-hand personal knowledge from actual experience?..

Ms. Cage, not to hijack the thread, or start a whole new argument, but you are mistaken about the cop "deciding" anything about taking anyone's guns for an argument. The police are given very little say in the decision making process these days. You can thank the lawyers for that. The laws and most department field regulations are very clear and quite strict about domestic violence investigations and how they are required to be handled. it's not like it was 20 or even 10 years ago because everyone wants to sue the police when they get thrown into the middle of something. Decide one way, the other person files a suit... and vice versa... I'm sure someone will post about how some dirty rotten cop did this or that... but in 20 years’ experience, I've learned there's always more to the story... I don't know of any police officer who is anti-gun, or wants to confiscate a lawful citizen’s firearm... we all own, and reload, and shoot and take our kids shooting etc... and cj... it is very, very rare that a police officer ever gets shot by a lawful gun owner using his own lawfully obtained weapon. It is almost exclusively an unlawfully obtained firearm. And as for as baseball bats go... a few years ago I caught one right across the chest that just about knocked me cold... at a domestic incident... never saw it coming. The problem is not the weapon, or the type of weapon, but the user. Until this country changes its mindset and starts holding people responsible for their actions, these problems will not go away, and will only get worse. Sorry folks... I'll get off my soap box now so you can hammer away... :| :roll: :?
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:39 pm

The problem is not the weapon, or the type of weapon, but the user. Until this country changes its mindset and starts holding people responsible for their actions, these problems will not go away, and will only get worse. Sorry folks... I'll get off my soap box now so you can hammer away...
Exactly what I have said.

Ezzy

doco

Post by doco » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Hey Shortfat,

I'll assume that you are an officer of some type......Here is a short blurt from a buddy of mine that just retired in a small community in NJ. He welcomed law abiding citizens to have weapons to defend themselves and is 100% against the BS that is occuring right now. His 35 years in law enforcement granted him the knowledge, from his experience, that when there is no gun in the house other than the perps, by the time the police get there they only have a choice to call 1 of 2 people. They either call the ambulance or the coroner! He couldn't have made it any simpler than that.

On a side note, in the Dumb azz state of New York, the gun law that was just rushed through in the middle of the night now forbids Law Enforcement from having more than 7 shots in their magazines as well. Kneejerk responses to Knucklehead misconceptions. I'll choose to call the coroner in my house!

If you are law, thanks for your service as well.

Doco