proposed law requiring pets indoors...

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

proposed law requiring pets indoors...

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:21 am

http://www.wtae.com/news/local/alleghen ... index.html

....during weather below 32 F and above 90 F
and where do insulated houses fit in to this?

Bounty_Hunter

Re: proposed law requiring pets indoors...

Post by Bounty_Hunter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:17 am

I think 32 is a bit mild for most dogs and there are a lot of variables to consider too like is the dog well fed and has access to fresh water not frozen and does he have a good dry doghouse to get out of wind and wet weather. I can see a ban if temps get into the single digits and wind chills are below 0. I thing most responsible dog owners know when weather is too extreme for their pets. I have 2 bunnies that stay outside always and we just had wind chills of -20 about 2 weeks ago but they have a good coop and I feed them well and not just pellets.

tjsnipehunter

Post by tjsnipehunter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:17 am

""If it's below 32 degrees, your pets cannot be outside. They cannot survive in that kind of weather," said Withrow."
Ignorant people....

I just went and found the bills mentioned and they have little to do with extreme weather. They are year around anti-tethering laws. Nothing I could see in them mentioned temps but one of them did say proper shelter such as a dog house. The other made exceptions for very short term chaining, camp grounds and sled dogs.
Animal rights groups want broad laws so that they can seize pets whenever they see fit. They don't want to have to be encumbered by the legal process and warrants like everyone else.

Tim

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:55 am

Yeh, the Peta people and tree huggers are so ignorant on so many things. Having said that, they need to get a life.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

rinker

Post by rinker » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:14 am

The coldest temperature that I have experienced in my life was -35. I had a litter of lab puppies that were a few days old in an outdoor dog house at the time. This is the only time that I have ever worried about it being too cold. Those puppies came through it great, no problems what so ever.

I used to worry about anti gun/anti hunting folks. I honestly don't think these types have much leverage any more. The PETA/hsus nuts seem to be pretty good at propaganda, and that does worry me.