Wisconsin Wolf Hunt Bill

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Wisconsin Wolf Hunt Bill

Post by BigShooter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Recently, Republicans in Wisconsin authored a bill to establish a wolf hunt. Wolves have been delisted in MI, MN & WI. I believe in WI as proposed they could use bait, dogs and hunt at night. There has been more than one thread discussing dogs killed by wolves in WI (apparently more bear hunting hounds than anything else). Never-the-less bird hunters in Northern WI have expressed real concern for their dogs. If interested, WI members should contact their legislators this week to express their opinions.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

Rod W

Re: Wisconsin Wolf Hunt Bill

Post by Rod W » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:23 pm

The 2012 hunt is over in Wi, I can't find a good harvest number but by late November they had taken 98, I also see a number of 117, Minn-395-----413, A friend of mine took a large male by calling with a predator call.
"Democracy dies when the people wanting their government to take care of them outnumber those wanting to take care of themselves!"

We usually learn,, to overcome IGNORANCE,, but STUPIDITY cannot be overcome!!!

Life Member NRA

Grange

Re: Wisconsin Wolf Hunt Bill

Post by Grange » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:16 am

Rod W wrote:The 2012 hunt is over in Wi, I can't find a good harvest number but by late November they had taken 98, I also see a number of 117, Minn-395-----413, A friend of mine took a large male by calling with a predator call.
The link contains information for a detailed report of the wolf harvest in WI.
http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/wolf.html