Ron Paul

pudeltopointer

Ron Paul

Post by pudeltopointer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:55 pm

In tonight Mr. Paul said guns don't kill people criminals do!!! This is the kind of guy we need.

markj
GDF Junkie

Re: Ron Paul

Post by markj » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:13 pm

I am all for a guy that wants us to be able to protect ourselves. He is sooo right there.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:38 pm

I think he deserves his shot, wont get it but deserves it. He doesn't waffle , got some good ideas, has tried harder and longer than anyone else to get elected and after all with the A$$hats that have gotten the job the last decade or two, can he really do worse?
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:20 pm

birddog1968 wrote:I think he deserves his shot, wont get it but deserves it. He doesn't waffle , got some good ideas, has tried harder and longer than anyone else to get elected and after all with the A$$hats that have gotten the job the last decade or two, can he really do worse?
Precisely my thoughts.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Why is this posted on "chat" and then it shows up as "legislative and hunting rights"? I will spare you gentlemen my opinion of Ron Paul if you will do the same.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Steve007 wrote:Why is this posted on "chat" and then it shows up as "legislative and hunting rights"? I will spare you gentlemen my opinion of Ron Paul if you will do the same.
Does that mean you don't want anybody stating an opinion you don't agree with? If so, I don't think it works that way.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 pm

pudeltopointer wrote:In tonight Mr. Paul said guns don't kill people criminals do!!! This is the kind of guy we need.
I see nothing wrong with this being in general chat. I don't think he started a political rant. He stated the truth. Last I checked guns were directly related to dogs, and dogs are directly related to this site. Therefore, preach on with the truth brotherman. I think this country could use a little stirring of the pot. Last I checked, somewhat stagnant.

Joe

DougB

Post by DougB » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:54 pm

birddog1968 wrote:, can he really do worse?
(IMHO)
Yes, he can. Apparently, the gene pool for politicians is really shallow.

There is more involved in the presidency than gun rights, and his economic theories and readings of constitution don't seem to track. We have a left wing, a middle, a right wing, and Ron Paul. Having elected our trusted representatives from the wings, we arrive at a stalemate and a nonworking govt. Be nice to see some moderate candidates who are willing to work together. "My way of the highway" just doesn't seem to work.
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.

TraditionsGSPs2010

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:36 pm

This is a sensitive subject but what the heck is wrong with having a stance! Heaven forbid someone state something absolute. I guess in these days of political correctness we should speak in more generalities so no ones feelings get hurt. Ron Paul may not be the answer to everything but the man seems to stand for what he believes. Guns and Dogs are equally important in my world and I want someone who wants me to own a gun.
David Hughes
Traditions Shorthairs

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:28 am

Since palin isn't running he's got my vote!!

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWXym8vc2I4

Here is a letter from Dr. Paul off of his website. I wish he would make it more public...It really shows his character and his ideals.

-Ron Paul

My faith is a deeply private issue to me, and I don’t speak on it in great detail during my speeches because I want to avoid any appearance of exploiting it for political gain. Let me be very clear here: I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and I endeavor every day to follow Him in all I do and in every position I advocate.

It is God Who gave us life. As He is free, so are those He created in His image. Our rights to life and liberty are inalienable.

I’m running for President of the United States because I believe that our traditions and way of life are under attack from an out-of-control federal government and reckless politicians who show no regard for what our Founders entrusted to our protection.

America became the greatest nation in human history because a dedicated band of Patriots believed their God-given rights were worth fighting for, even if it meant challenging the world’s most powerful nation in what many deemed a “hopeless” cause.

Being free meant so much to our forefathers that they put everything on the line – and thousands sacrificed their lives – to give the promise of liberty to not only their children and grandchildren, but to generations they knew they would never even meet.

Their courage and determination guaranteed they would defy the odds and achieve victory.

In this critical election, you and I must decide if the principles of limited government and personal freedom are worth fighting for once again.

Since I’m asking for your vote and your trust to lead this nation, let me tell you a little bit about my background and beliefs.

My parents raised my four brothers and me on a dairy near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where they set clear examples for each of us about faith, honest living, and individual responsibility. Their Christian values helped inspire two of my brothers to eventually enter the ministry, and provided me with the foundation I needed to practice medicine and one day become a U.S. Representative.

In addition to my time in Congress, I am proud to have delivered over 4,000 babies as a country doctor in Texas. As I trained to practice medicine, I became convinced without a doubt that life begins at the moment of conception. I never performed an abortion, and I never once found an abortion necessary to save the life of the mother. In fact, I successfully helped women struggling with their pregnancies to seek other options, including adoption.

I am running to Restore America Now, and by that I mean that it’s time to protect and promote the basic God-given rights inherent in the promise of America.

We must pass on our heritage of liberty to the next generation – not tens of trillions of dollars in debt and liabilities.

We must stand for life – not allow millions of innocent children to continue to be slaughtered with the government’s approval.

We must follow the Biblical mandate of using honest weights and measures – not printing money out of thin air in almost complete secrecy and then handing it over to oppressive dictators.

We must only send our men and women to fight for our country when the mission is clear, every necessary tool needed to win is provided, and we respect the Constitution by declaring war.

Once war is declared, it must be waged according to Just War principles. We should only fight when it’s in our national security interest, and we should no longer do the corrupt United Nation’s bidding by policing the world.

In Congress, I never vote for any piece of legislation that violates the Constitution’s strict limits on government power. I also do not participate in the congressional pension system.

As President, I give you my word that I will only exercise my authority within the confines of the Constitution, and I will work every day to rein in a runaway federal government by binding it with the chains of that document.

For my stands and beliefs, I am told that my efforts are “hopeless.” Like those who were proud to stand up for what they knew was right to create our nation, however, I firmly believe that now is a better time than ever before to reclaim our liberties. No situation is hopeless for those who receive their strength from their faith, family, and freedom.

And like those Patriots, I have no doubt that liberty will prevail.

I invite you to join me and millions of other Americans in taking our stand to honor our forefathers’ sacrifices and Restore America Now.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

madmurph

Post by madmurph » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Yes, he has a good opinion on guns. But if he is president we will need them to defend not only ourselves, but our beloved country, as we will no longer have a military. Arabic will be our national language in no time.
You could live without a dog, but it would not be worthwhile.

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:23 pm

madmurph wrote:Yes, he has a good opinion on guns. But if he is president we will need them to defend not only ourselves, but our beloved country, as we will no longer have a military. Arabic will be our national language in no time.
That is ludacris. He has stated time after time that he would not hesitate to protect our country. What he wont do is get us involved in PREEMPTIVE war(which is beyond insane), which has only become popular after 9/11.

I assume you are referring to Iran, which again is not a threat. Neither was Iraq, but they were touting the EXACT same story....12yrs later we've only wasted the lives of our own men & women, and BILLIONS of dollars on an unneeded war. What we are hearing now is nothing more than propaganda.
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

Vision

Post by Vision » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 pm

DougB wrote:
(IMHO)

There is more involved in the presidency than gun rights, and his economic theories and readings of constitution don't seem to track. We have a left wing, a middle, a right wing, and Ron Paul. Having elected our trusted representatives from the wings, we arrive at a stalemate and a nonworking govt. Be nice to see some moderate candidates who are willing to work together. "My way of the highway" just doesn't seem to work.

Precisely why this Country is in the mess it is in, because we have had a 100 years of moderate electable candidates working together. One side of the middle inflates the social programs, and then the other side of the middle takes a turn at inflating the Military and on and on we go to the present. I don't understand how people cannot see that Democrat/Republican is 2 sides of the same coin. As long as people keep watching and reading the message crafted by the media to keep the left/right paradigm going we have no chance.

Max&rick

Post by Max&rick » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:55 pm

I hope 007 knows this is the greatest country in the world that is why we can voice our opinions! In some places you would be thrown in jail or worse for this god bless America and god bless steve007 whatever he believes in

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Vision wrote:
DougB wrote:
(IMHO)

Precisely why this Country is in the mess it is in, because we have had a 100 years of moderate electable candidates working together. One side of the middle inflates the social programs, and then the other side of the middle takes a turn at inflating the Military and on and on we go to the present. I don't understand how people cannot see that Democrat/Republican is 2 sides of the same coin. As long as people keep watching and reading the message crafted by the media to keep the left/right paradigm going we have no chance.
Dayum did you just nail that!
This link below, The Hegelian Dialectic, pretty well sums up exactly what you're getting at and until we break out of the cycle, nothing good can happen:
http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/05/dialectic.htm
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Bottom line is, if you like big government, big spending, control, wars, and money that is worthless dont vote for Ron Paul. Vote for Mitty, Obama...or really whoever else...they're all the same (except for Santorum, he's just nuts).

If you'd like to send a message to the powers in control of this country and want the exact opposite (smaller govt., less spending, anti Nanny state, a foreign policy that ISNT 1000% hostile, ending the FED, ect) vote for Ron Paul.