Ontario, Canada Proposes an E-Collar Ban

Deathmetal

Ontario, Canada Proposes an E-Collar Ban

Post by Deathmetal » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 am

http://www.banshockcollars.ca/policies.php

http://www.facebook.com/banshockcollars

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-love-my ... 94?sk=wall

I am sorry if what I am doing is against your board rules. However, Ontario and BC are bringing E-Collars to the table and I cannot think of a group that would be more impacted by this law than the local hunters. PLEASE keep your eyes out on this petition, it may get the eyes of the politions soon.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Ontario, Canada Proposes an E-Collar Ban

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:46 am

Wow ..really sad when it is obvious that those you put these petitions up to ban a great tool are showing obvious and compete ignorance.

Yep time to take a stand
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

GWPtyler

Post by GWPtyler » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:42 am

OOOOH MY GAAAAWD....

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Ruth??????????

ben33127

Post by ben33127 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:39 pm

You have got to be kidding.....

MikeAZ

Post by MikeAZ » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Anyone, for any reason, regardless of age, experience or background can readily buy a shock weapon, strap it on a helpless animal and shock them as often and as intensely as they see fit.

:roll:

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:48 pm

I guess those kind of feelings must run strong in Canada the reason they see the need for MORE LAWS. :roll: :roll:

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:38 pm

The are all over this on the SportDog Facebook page. It is getting a lot of attention.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:I guess those kind of feelings must run strong in Canada the reason they see the need for MORE LAWS. :roll: :roll:
ya know its really something how you can pm me a friendly message regarding the things you said to me on this subject yet given the opportunity you continue your ridiculous comments..to suggest any of us who train and hunt with dogs in canada would want such a law passed is plain ignorance which is expressed out of lack of thinking before you speak..did you see the dogs neck on that second link ted??? like i said a million times in the post about LAWS, its always people who do wrong, make wrong choices and dont use COMMON SENSE that end up being the reason laws are enforced..what the heck dont you get about that..ive said it over and over and over and over again..read the post that was locked..i said it there over and over and over again and if you dont get what i mean after seeing that dogs throat that its because of the idiots that commit these acts these petitions become laws then you are just not getting it and never will.....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:47 pm

This is a fringe movement.

It's important to bear in mind that the vast majority of people don't care or are unaware of the controversy these people hope to stir up. The only way that something like this will make any headway is if they can convince the wider public that there is a real problem here.

Incidentally, scanning down the page there reinforces my view that enforcement responsibilities should be taken away from the SPCA.

My dad and I trained dogs for 20 years before e-collars came out. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Sharon wrote:This is a fringe movement.

It's important to bear in mind that the vast majority of people don't care or are unaware of the controversy these people hope to stir up. The only way that something like this will make any headway is if they can convince the wider public that there is a real problem here.

Incidentally, scanning down the page there reinforces my view that enforcement responsibilities should be taken away from the SPCA.

My dad and I trained dogs for 20 years before e-collars came out. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me.
true sharon, and in that 2nd link they even have choke and prong collars listed as unfit so that will rule out alot of dog owners agreeing to the petition whether they hunt or not as most of the general public owns a choke or prong collar for their dog..its a non sense petition that is going nowhere, we all have the right to protest whatever we wish....ruth

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Unfortunately they have already had their petition presented to Parliament in BC on two occasions. There are thousands of folks who send money to PETA and HSUS without any idea of who they are or what they are about - simply responding emotionally to the ad campaigns. If these folks are sufficiently funded they can and will garner the same type of support.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:12 pm

We have several of those nonsense bills that didn't pass on the state level but were picked up and passed as local ordinances. Just don't let your guard down as they will get it passed some place and keep trying to make people think they are main street. We now have city ordinances that say you can't own an unaltered dog, you can only have two dogs in a household, and a bunch of other absolutely silly rules that people said they couldn't pass.

Did you read about the guy in the NJ prison because he had two unloaded revolvers that were legally purchased in the trunk of his car when he was moving. Just an example of laws that couldn't be passed.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Ruth I was Rubbing salt just like I would to the guys standing around the camp fire I told you about I'm sorry again but here in the states that's what friends do.I Will never INSULT you again PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:Ruth I was Rubbing salt just like I would to the guys standing around the camp fire I told you about I'm sorry again but here in the states that's what friends do.I Will never INSULT you again PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh sorry ted i didnt realize insulting me by trying to push my buttons and critisizing the country i live in meant we were friends, my bad :roll: so i assume since you wont be insulting me we arent friends anymore :cry: ...ruth

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:21 pm

There is a page for comments . I would encourage anyone who cares to post a comment.

http://www.banshockcollars.ca/contact.php

My comment:

There is so much misinformation in your pages. I've been training big running huntings dogs for many years.Used on low the collar is essential for bringing back a dog 2 miles out. I have tried it on myself and never used it above #2.
When the collar is brought out these dogs are eager to get going. No collar use would keep a huge number of dogs from doing what they enjoy.
Yes , there are abusive trainers. However they have many ways of abusing a dog.
The dog with the sores round its neck did not happen from an e-collar. They can't burn. Those sores were caused by a regular collar left being left on too tightly.
There is a buzz button on the collar. Many people only use that.
I commend you for your concern about dog abuse, but the e-collar is not the problem."

PS ( I didn't mention about trash breaking use of the collar." :) )
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:59 pm

i also posted a comment, heres what i wrote...

"although i commend you for looking out for the well being and protection of abused animals you must be educated and witness the proper uses of the ecollar..people who love animals and have them as companions also train them and use the ecollar responsibly just as any other tool for training..there are electric fence products on the market that keep animals/livestock on their property which keeps them under the care and control of the owner who in the end is responsible for their animals, it also prevents injuries which may be life or death injuries, the ecollar serves this purpose as well..like any other tool it can be abused when its not in the proper hands which can happen with any object but we cannot ban every object someone may use with ignorance.. people who are not properly trained to use the ecollar are the problem here not the ecollar itself " ....ruth

terrym

Post by terrym » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Well, when they win ( and my guess is they will) then I will be more selective where I use it but will definitely be an outlaw. I have had enough of this cr@p.
I don't like people who don't like dogs......

Wild Mtn muddy toes Tucker
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=3772

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Sharon wrote:This is a fringe movement.

That is true Sharon, I am sure you could live with it, but it would be an unnecessary law passed out of ignorance and the problem is, once they get one law passed, they don't stop there. At least that is the way it works here.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Very True

(WE also can't shoot a bird released from a launcher anymore. You can use it but you can't shoot. It's not fair to that poor bird. :roll: )

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:44 am

Sharon wrote:Very True

(WE also can't shoot a bird released from a launcher anymore. You can use it but you can't shoot. It's not fair to that poor bird. :roll: )
they allow companies to hire pest control officers go get pigeons off of building and gas them or poison them because they are a nuisance but we cant use them for training and shoot them :? :roll: ridiculous!!!!...ruth

and to add to that, pest control companies is where alot of us get the birds from and they get 2 bucks for each pigeon from us plus make the money off of the companies hiring them to get the birds off the buildings..so we go buy them, cant shoot them therefore the birds go back to the buildings and the pest control company recatches them and sells them back to us, now that makes sense :? :evil: ...ruth

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:23 am

Sharon wrote:Very True

Anymore? That law is old as dirt (well, more than 40 years anyway - I don't know before that when it came in).

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:36 am

Not up here. It came out no more than 4 years ago here. I'll try to find the legislation.

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:27 am

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:I guess those kind of feelings must run strong in Canada the reason they see the need for MORE LAWS. :roll: :roll:
Why are you lumping Canada in with Ontario, I thought Ontario was its own country, just kidding ladies.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:38 am

Winchey wrote:
Why are you lumping Canada in with Ontario, I thought Ontario was its own country, just kidding ladies.
way to have our back winchey :lol: ....ruth

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 am

Sharon wrote:Not up here. It came out no more than 4 years ago here. I'll try to find the legislation.
It is a section in the Criminal Code and the amendment proposed changes to the provision to include all animals released directly for the purpose of being shot instead of the old Code which only prohibited the release or throwing of birds. The Animal Cruelty provisions date back to 1892 and the prohibition against the shooting of released or thrown birds has been in there for as long as I have been aware of the laws - some 40 years. It was always my assumption that the rule was introduced to kill the shooting sports of box birds and columbaire, which are still practiced in some areas of the US and many other places around the world. The publicity over the proposed amendments to the criminal code simply brought to light the fact that such a law existed - very few people were aware of it - but it was and is the reason why retriever trials in Canada have not included shot flyers which are very common in US trials and you will not see a pheasant tower shoot up here.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm sure you know what you are talking about but we had a big meeting about that subject in 1997 when Bill 50 was passed.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Ladies & Gentlemen,
The one thing I do know is that all the more than questionable liberal legislation seems to be tested in Canada, prior to filtering into the USA.
This E-Collar ban is just the latest liberal garbage being tested. In the USA Animals are legally private property, the E-Collar ban will never fly in the USA.
RGD/Dave

Cdnarmyguy

Post by Cdnarmyguy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:14 pm

This is my first post, But I think, its a good thing. Ive seen a many a dog abused, but D^&*head hunters. How did they train dogs before they had them. My grandfather and father taught me to train them with a lil treat and my sound silly love. Out of the 10 dogs were have all owned. I think of only one that mayhave needed a lil kick in the butt.

Setters Hawth

Post by Setters Hawth » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Kick!!! That's the problem some people will beat a dog to get what they want out of them? With a electric there is no long lasting affect and if you have ever checked it on your self like I do most of the time it's not much moor than a tickle. E collars have saved more dogs lives than they have harmed no stats to prove it but I stand by what I say. People that want them gone need to loose a pet to a car or have your best hunting dog lost forever after running a deer into the next county to only starve to death or end up in a dog pound to be euthanized!