Nightline?????

snips
GDF Junkie

Nightline?????

Post by snips » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:21 am

This is just an observation, but I have seen 2 Nightline shows the last couple of weeks that had "animal rights" groups written all over it. One was a show about the abuse of monkeys in a research facility that was done by HSUS. I do not agree with abuse to animals, but I do not trust HSUS as far as I can throw them. An investigation will pursue from the footage they suppossidly got. Would be interesting what the investigation shows, that they probably will not report...Last nite they did a segment about AKC and show dogs and how they are behind the ruination of breeds because of the breed standards that promote the faults that they look for in the show ring. (Like bull dogs that can no longer normally breed and bad breathing). WELL, this is not standards AKC puts on dogs but standards the breed clubs outline for their breed. AKC was suppossed to give an interview to them until they found out what they were up to, then declined. There is NO talk about the "good" breeders or the super treatment of the dogs at shows. It was slanted to put the entire dog show breeders in a negative light. They discussed linebreeding as if it was the ruination of all purebred dogs. It DID NOT explain the benifits of responsible linebreeding and what it does. I see PETA written all over this segment, as they were behind the CRUFTS show being taken off and I see the pressure starting in a big way over Westminister. I know everyone does not agree with show dogs, but these people are out to take our rights on everything we do with our dogs. I wish there would be an influx of emails to Nightline over this. You can probably see the story on their website.
brenda