Good to see we can make a difference

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Good to see we can make a difference

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:51 am

<http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index.ss ... wsmichigan> Meijer cuts short contest raising money for Humane Society 4/28/2008, 11:00 p.m. EDT
The Associated Press

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — Meijer Inc. has cut short an online pet photo contest that was raising money for the Humane Society of the United States.

The Grand Rapids Press reports the retailer stopped the contest Monday after the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance complained the Humane Society is anti-hunting.

The contest was to help pet-owning families going through foreclosure. The program was set up to donate $1, up to $5,000, for every entry to the pet photo contest to the Foreclosure Pets Fund.

'); } --> Meijer spokeswoman Stacie Behler says "feedback from our customers is important."
Humane Society executive vice president Michael Markarian says its "outrageous" the hunting group "would try to prevent foreclosure victims from getting help."
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.