Another Passed On

deseeker

Another Passed On

Post by deseeker » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 pm

Five weeks ago I buried my 15 year old male. Yesterday I had to have my 10 year old master hunter female put down. :( Nine months ago she had a stroke--she came out of it but was blind. That switched her from a part time house dog to a full time house dog. She wasn't in pain, her tail was always wagging, and she got around good in the house. She would have a mini stroke every once in a while, but would always come back around in about 1/2 day. After Monday's stoke she wasn't getting better, So we said our good byes yesterday and went to the vet. She was a great pheasant hunter & house dog, She was great with the kids at the pheasant's forever youth/mentor hunts(She was the bird finder for the kids). I'll miss her like I do every dog I lose, but I have a lot of great memories of her. She had 3 litters, so other people are enjoying her pups. I'm attaching a couple pictures of her with birds we shot off the Indian reservation north of here. REST IN PEACE STAR.
Star --Rez 10-29-14 004.jpg
Star 11-4-14 Macy Rez 006.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Another Passed On

Post by shags » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:18 pm

That is a lot of loss on a short time. Condolences from our house to yours.
Star was a pretty girl, and it sounds like she had a very full life with you.

So sorry for your loss.

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:40 am

They never live long enough it seems and it never gets any easier to say goodbye. I hope it never does get any easier for me.

The pictures you shared capture your Star as a big, strong, beautiful and proud hunting companion. I'd bet she could cover some ground if she needed to. Thank you for sharing.

It is very special that she had three chances to pass on her talents to other hunters. You made that happen.

I am sure Star will live on in that special place we all have for our dogs and be waiting for you on the other side of that bridge.

RayG

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:25 am

Very sorry to hear about your hard times. It is never easy. Prayers for you.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

weimdogman

Post by weimdogman » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:09 pm

Sorry for your loses. May Star and her male companion patiently roam until you are able to rejoin them.

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:15 pm

We feel your pain. Always sad to lose a great hunting partner

ddoyle

Post by ddoyle » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:15 am

So sorry! It is never easy.
Doyle