Bill Brink, aka: Gunnah, Gunner R.I.P.

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Bill Brink, aka: Gunnah, Gunner R.I.P.

Post by AHGSP » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:30 pm

I hope I'm not re-posting old news and forgive me if I am.

Just caught this from another board, but apparently happened a couple weeks back and when I didn't see anything here; wanted to share for those that remember him, read his post over the years and may have met him. The dog world has lost a great one :cry:

http://americanfield.villagesoup.com/ob ... dly/189102

While I never personally met Bill, though I would have most certainly enjoyed it, I had conversations with him through email and PM's numerous times over the years and he was always gracious to share all sorts of Gundog tidbits, from photo's to Field Trial stories.
Godspeed Gunnah.
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

Fieldmaster

Re: Bill Brink, aka: Gunnah, Gunner R.I.P.

Post by Fieldmaster » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:53 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Always enjoyed reading his posts and his conversations on the forums. He will be greatly missed in the Birddog World. He was a True "Dyed in the Wool" dog man. Rest in peace Mr. Brink.

Robert

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Very sorry to hear that. Bill was a great contributor of knowledge here for many years.
brenda

Beauprix

Post by Beauprix » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:22 pm

I am American Kennel Club Judge Richard LeBeau of Sewickley, Pennsylvania, author of "Count Noble: The Greatest Dog That Ever Lived". I only learned yesterday of the passing of Bill Brink, last November, 2011. I had a return call from Rebecca, a lady who worked with Bill for his landscaping company in Indianapolis. Bill Brink was always ready and willing to speak with me and guide me to important, unpublished resources during the research phase of my book on the great Count Noble. I would say we became pretty good friends during our chats, and he was an important, encouraging supporter of my book. I mailed him a complimentary, autographed copy last October, just days after the shipment arrived from its publisher. I can only hope he enjoyed reading the book; Rebecca told me my book was found in his car, so I'm sure he had been browsing through it. I hope he saw his name listed in the Acknowledgments, and that he found the pages where I related a story he had either heard or read long ago and had shared with me, which was about a legend that Count Noble's collar was always kept on the newel post of the grand staircase of the B.F. Wilson house after the great setter had died.

Anyone interested in purchasing a copy of my book, please contact the Sewickley Valley Historical Society at 412-741-5315. The book is 108 pages, softbound, and costs $14 plus $4 shipping and handling. Pennsylvania residents must add state and local taxes. International postage rates available upon request. The Sewickley Valley Historical Society is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. The residence of B. F. Wilson where Count Noble died in 1891 formerly stood near Sewickley in the Borough of Glen Osborne. The book contains many photographs of the Wilsons, their fine home (razed in 1972), and of course, images, descriptions, and the story of Count Noble.

With gratitude and fond remembrances of Bill Brink,

Richard LeBeau

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:10 pm

I think we lost a true gentleman and friend. He left his mark on all of us.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:43 am

I always looked forward to reading his posts. We lost a big part of our community as bird/gun dog enthusiasts. He will be missed.
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

KingsFieldFarm

Post by KingsFieldFarm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:54 am

I purchased Mr. Brink's trial horses after he passed away. I just happened to stumble upon the ad when I was looking for more horses this winter. At the time I really didn't have much to go on, just "he competed his bird dogs and these horses need to go", but I drove 4.5 hrs to go look anyway. When I say it's the most I've ever paid for horses, that means a lot. Both geldings are awesome and I know it's because of the man who owned/trained/worked them. I can't pass by this posting and not comment. Your boys are well appreciated and cared for, Mr. Brink. May you rest in peace, sir.

-Candi