Alpha Female that weighed just a few pounds

Retiredbirddogman

Alpha Female that weighed just a few pounds

Post by Retiredbirddogman » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Today was a day we all dread. My wife and I needed to have her toy poodle put to rest. Quality of life issues necessitated that we make that dreaded decision.
The title of "Alpha Female", is accurate when it came to "Tia". Tia weight 5 ounces when we first saw her, 14 years ago. I have had many bird dogs, of all sizes, horses, and everything in between, that this little poodle would let know who was boss. She has been stepped on by a horse, chased cats and chickens, and let every dog she came in contact with know she thought she was the boss. Tia Traveled to many dog trials and was an awesome, no kidding, awesome retriever. She would do doubles and blind retrieves. She also had a great nose. More than once she would watch me put a bird out for training and she would make it to the bird before I got there with the dog I was training.
I could go on - but you cannot capture 14 years of love in a short article.
God bless the the Spouse, and their dogs, that put up with people like me that got hooked on bird dogs.
Thanks for your patience with this note. It just needed written tonight.

sully511

Re: Alpha Female that weighed just a few pounds

Post by sully511 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:55 pm

So sorry for your loss

Georgia Boy

Re: Alpha Female that weighed just a few pounds

Post by Georgia Boy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:42 am

Sorry to hear about that Jim, we had to make that decision recently ourselves with a 15 year old dog.
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com