We never dreamed it would come to this....

rockllews

We never dreamed it would come to this....

Post by rockllews » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Maybe I invested too many emotions in him, but I write this with a pretty broken heart. On Thursday, November 20th, my dad was pulling his truck forward in the dark, not knowing that Brodhi was near. He died almost instantly. Friday, after my brother and I got home from college, we laid him to rest next to old Rusty. It was a trying weekend, filled with sorrow and tears. We were not ready to lose someone so young and innocent. We are all still struggling to accept this.

Brodhi was our handsome Llewellin puppy, only five months old, with a personality that stole our hearts. He was full of life, happiness, and determination. And he was so sure that the whole world was his playground. This guy was all about fun and food and friends. He kept us busier than whole litters of pups but brought just as many smiles for all of his antics, goofiness, and clumsiness. He was a very bright pup, too, and contemplative if ever a dog was. He was the young ward of mama dog Sophie, playmate of Morgan, and worshipper of Jake, the old man- our other Llewellins.

We were so sure that we'd have more time with Brodhi Boy. When you have a pup, that's what they say... you have time, don't rush. So we didn't rush; we enjoyed the moments we had with him and planned for his future. It's one we'll never know, though. We miss him terribly.

I cannot blame my father because hurting Brodhi was the last thing he'd ever want to do and he is suffering a great deal. We loved this puppy dearly and gave him a wonderful, caring home- we give as much as we can to our animals. I can wish that someone had been looking out for him, but it doesn't change what happened. I guess it's just one of those things that happens that should not, within reason or chance, have happened... one of those things that, had we changed just a single of the million little pieces of that day, would not have happened. It is one of those things that make us ask WHY over and over again.

I'll be making Brodhi a full tribute on our website soon... and will add a link there then.

Today is also the day that "Rock's Rusty Gun," our GWP, nine years ago, passed away.

Please give your dogs some extra love for us. Our puppy has been taken away. May yours be safe from harm.

--Chelsea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rockllews on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Re: We never dreamed it would come to this....

Post by wems2371 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:54 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Brodhi............such a handsome well-loved fellow. Best wishes to you in this time of tears. Denise

rockllews

Post by rockllews » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:02 pm

Thank you Denise.

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:04 pm

Sorry to hear that Chelsea. I know you had such big plans and aspirations for Brodhi. Losing a dog is always tough rather it be 2 hours old or 17years. I hope this isn't a speed bump for your goals, and you can turn it into motivation for another pup. Again, sorry to hear the news, my heart goes out to you.

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:13 pm

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. :( My condolences.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:18 pm

No matter how long or short the time we have with them it is never long enough & we always wonder what if.Sorry for the loss of your pup.My deepest sympathy goes out to you & your family.

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:07 pm

Oh Dear Chelsea.....we here at Wild Mtn mourn with you. There are no words that can express our deepest heartfelt sympathies for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers during this difficult time. May all of the memories made these past 5 months help to bring a smile to your lips and healing to your hearts soon.

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 am

Sorry to read about your Brodhi.
Bill L.

rockllews

Post by rockllews » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and condolences.

Chelsea

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:54 pm

Chelsea,
I remember when we thought that Brodhi and Rye would have a ball running on your farm. I am so sorry to hear of this accident.
Dіck