Gunner

guntrk6

Gunner

Post by guntrk6 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:30 am

we lost a very good friend sat. morning. his name is gunner and was a 6yr. old english setter. our lives will never be the same without him. my wife took this pic last thursday evening, he started riding on this one horse several years ago but we never did take pics, i'm glad my wife just out of the blue took out the camera and snapped a couple shots. both times i returned from iraq he met me in the driveway like i had never left. he was hit by a truck/trailer and walked back up to the house in shock and came in went to his bed in the living room and died. i'm glad we were there with him in his last minutes. we buried him in the yard and made a large flower bed over him. RIP my friend we will never forget you, you were truly a blessing to us.

guntrk6

Re: Gunner

Post by guntrk6 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:34 am

i can't seem to get the pic posted but i will keep trying, i would like to share it with you guys.

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:00 am

A sad day for your family. With time the hurting will get less painful.
Dіck

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:02 am

very sorry to hear of your loss :cry:

If you would like email me the pictures I will be happy to post them for you kninebirddog@gmail.com
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:35 am

Here are the Pictures of Gunner

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

guntrk6

Post by guntrk6 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:55 am

thank you kninebirddog.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:02 am

my Pleasure ...wish it was under better circumstances

looks like he was a true Horseback Dog...

he sure looked like he was a happy dog....at least he was able to be with his family when he passed

think I will go cry for you now :cry:

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:38 pm

OMG Gunner was beautiful and those are some neat photos. It is terrible that he's passed on and so young, but I'm glad you were there with him in his journey. RIP Gunner and best wishes to your family. Denise

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:53 pm

Oh I'm SO sorry for your sudden loss. I know all too well the grief in your heart ( I just had to put down my beloved horse after 17 years last Thursday....and it hurts like h*ll) May all of the treasured memories made these past 6 years be your comfort during this difficult time.
Nothing but time can heal the raw ache in your heart but please know that you are not alone. Your boy is watching over you even now....
Blessed be.

The pictures are awesome and a grand way to remember him. :wink: :wink:

Will

Post by Will » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:25 pm

Very sorry to hear of your loss. He was a great looking dog and obviously a big part of the family. I'm glad you have pictures to remember him by.
We never really own a dog as much as he owns us. Gene Hill

Top Gun Whole Lotta Rosie

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss. Gunner was a good looking dog!
Bill L.

Tejas

Post by Tejas » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:40 pm

Tough to lose one that young, my sincere condolences. I have been fortunate to have been owned by several dogs that have passed and its been tough with every one of them. Thankfully the good memories do endure.

schmidty_dog

Post by schmidty_dog » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:00 am

Sorry you lost that beautiful dog. He sure looks like he was having fun. My dog used to always get so excited when I came home on leave, since he stayed with my folks, up until he passed. Dogs love is truly unconditional.

Sincerely,
schmidty