Vc Shooting Starr's Ringo MH

larue

Vc Shooting Starr's Ringo MH

Post by larue » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:08 pm

I learned recently of the passing of Vc Shooting Starr's Ringo Starr Mh,due to cancer.
Ringo was a perfect example of what a gsp is supposed to be about,A great wild bird dog,a friend to all he met,and a very honest easy going dog.
I will remember ringo from his puppy and young dog days,as he trained for the invite,and was always one of the fun dogs to train with,he just did what was asked of him,with all his heart.
Good bye ringo,I will drink a hard cold drink out in the grasslands for you this fall,where you loved to run and point wild birds.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Re: Vc Shooting Starr's Ringo MH

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:46 am

Larue, I am sure Dennis' heart is broken and will toast Ringo as well. Here is a little copy and paste from his site...

" VC Shooting Starr's Ringo MH entered into the Hall of Fame(NAVHDA I believe) at 3 years of age, proving enhanced resilience in training. A small number of dogs enter the Hall of Fame each year. Across the field very rarely and distinctively unique, will you ever find one at 3 years of age. The up-close happy reality is that, Ringo is still quite a flurry in the field. And after with all the appearance of an upscale, please-the-wife-and mollify-the-neighbors look. "

larue

Re: Vc Shooting Starr's Ringo MH

Post by larue » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Ringo was wayne's dog,although Dennis did promote him.The add should have stated,that ringo was listed in the navhda section as a vc in the bird dog hall of fame.
This does not change what ringo was,a very nice gundog in the classic definition.