Garmin service

oldbeek

Garmin service

Post by oldbeek » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:18 am

I have a t-5 tracking collar that I have used 3 seasons now. No light would come on when connected to charge station. I was told by Garmin they had a problem with a circuit under the charge pins. If I squeezed the charge bar against the collar tight a light would come on. Called Garmin and they gave me an RO number and told me to ship it to them. Shipped it out on Friday one week and received the new collar on Friday the next week. Great service and no charge.

reba

Re: Garmin service

Post by reba » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:55 pm

YES I have used their products for many years.

marysburg

Post by marysburg » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:38 pm

Glad you have had better luck than we are having. Sent our Pro 550 transmitter for replacement 5 weeks ago, and although they say it has been shipped, it has never arrived. They won"t send another one. I have 4 dogs in training this summer, and we are using the OLD relic Tritronics Pro 200 that we bought for our first Brittany in 2002. It is only a one dog setup, but at least it works. I have asked for Garmin to send out another transmitter, but they won't. Before hunting season opens, we are going to need another ecollar outfit, and I really wonder if Garmin is going to get our money this time around. Garmin is NOT Tritronics.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:55 am

Garmin replaced all my receivers(5) for my field 70. I liked that. what I did not like was that they needed to replace my receivers.
I test their products and I don't think they are nearly as reliable as the old tritronics products......Cj

marysburg

Post by marysburg » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:42 pm

Just an update, we received a replacement transmitter 8 weeks to the day from when the service transaction began and Garmin got our money. In the meantime, we bought a Garmin (hate to admit it) Sport Pro transmitter which came with a collar and receiver. We linked it to the three collars we had been using for the Pro 550 transmitter and were able to train for 10 days before the replacement transmitter arrived. At least now we have a backup system in case something goes wrong in the future, and we were lucky that it happened it the summer and not in October.