Dogtra 2700

gregwes

Dogtra 2700

Post by gregwes » Fri May 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi all, I'm looking at getting a new beeper collar and I'm looking at the Dogtra 2700.  I have a 2000, which is the cats meow.  But, I like the pager/vibration feature on the 2700. 

My question is, is the beeper louder than the old 2500 or about the same?

Also,  any thoughts you may have on this unit.  Good, bad etc.

Thanks so much!
[*]
Greg
Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret.

Featherfinder

Re: Dogtra 2700

Post by Featherfinder » Sat May 18, 2019 5:37 am

Gregory, I have both the 2500 and the 2700. I would have to try them side-by-each to notice the difference in audibility. Then again, my hearing has been compromised from repetitive firearm discharge so....
I really like my 2500 but thought I'd like the added function of the pager/vibration. It does come in handy for sure. So far, the 2700 is retaining the rugged reliability and is just as user friendly as it's predecessor. When you get my age, user friendly is key. :?
Another valued feature in my final decision is the lesser weight of the Dogtra versus most others in the same category. The heavier the collar, the more a dog is "on notice". It also takes longer for a dog to desensitize or disregard that it's wearing the heavier collar.
Further-to-this, the split feature of some collars - where the control module/probes are at the bottom and the speaker is supposed to be up top - rarely stays positioned that way, especially if you have a dog that is powerful/hard on equipment, aside from the added weight.
Mine are truly tested. My Dogtra's stand up to the grueling every day use here. Really like my 2700!