E-Collar Technologies UL-1202 vs Dogtra

Garrison

E-Collar Technologies UL-1202 vs Dogtra

Post by Garrison » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:18 am

Does anybody have any experience with this collar or their Educator line of collars? I have a new pup on the way and I am looking to get rid of my old Tri Tronics Field 90 and get something with a lot more adjustability at lower stimulation levels. Field 90 works fine for an old finished dog but I want something that will work better as a flank collar/trainer as well as a field collar. I was looking at the Dogtra units but most are 3/4 mile and are single stimulation settings. I like that on the UL-1202 stimulation could be set and locked for a working level and a boost level for each dog separately. I like the boost setting with the touch of a button if you need to quickly up the level stimulation on the dog.

Thanks,
Garrison
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

connorj

Re: E-Collar Technologies UL-1202 vs Dogtra

Post by connorj » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:31 pm

I currently employ the UL-1200 and I think it is great. You can expand the 1200 to the 1202 to accommodate multiple dogs so for now I just use the single until I decide I want another pup. It is my first Dog so I like the low stim levels, which I think gives more more room for error with corrections as a new handler. My pup responds great to the low stim, her recall was excellent after we started using the collar. Range is solid, and the collar holds up well in water as you would expect. I do not personally use it for a belly collar but I am sure having the low stim would be effective since that is a sensitive area.

I know people that use the boost and are very positive about being able to lock in the stim level. I have not used other collars but I would say the way to apply corrections is very flexible due to the ability to either lock in the working level or not and the ability to use the boost.

No I do not work for educator! Just a satisfied customer.

If you have more questions let me know.

Garrison

Re: E-Collar Technologies UL-1202 vs Dogtra

Post by Garrison » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Thanks for the input, I actually ordered one up from Gundog Supply this morning. They have the 800 series which is the same exact collar in a black case instead of hunter orange. Figure the black and red collars that correspond with the stimulation buttons would make things a bit easier to remember. I emailed the breeder and trainer who I am getting my next pup from, he has used just about everything and he currently uses the PE-900 and loves it. When I first looked at it I had a hard time wrapping my head around the shape of the transmitter, I have been carrying around a tube for the last ten years. And all the different modes and configurations seemed like it was too much to deal with. Then I dug in to it for a bit, after it is configured for each dog I don’t see how it could be much easier, a lot of control with two buttons with low level and custom boost at your finger tips for each dog. The awkward design makes a lot more sense when it is holstered up. I ordered the holster below to put on my belt or on the drivers side strap of my strap vest, no more dangling tube, seems like easy one handed control. Made in the US, and the specs seem pretty darn good. Hope I like it, because it’s on its way. :D
501694C3-160C-4FEA-8A93-4292A87EB968.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-