Cool toys for hunting camp.

Garrison

Cool toys for hunting camp.

Post by Garrison » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Picked up a couple new items that are pretty cool, thought I would pass along the info in case anybody had never seen them and might be interested.

1. Solo Stove Bonfire, this thing is pretty awesome! I love sitting by the camp fire but always hate smelling like smoke all night and the next day. The venting system on the Solo Stove burns all the gass off the wood as a secondary burn inside the chamber and you get a ripping hot fire with close to zero smoke. The fire is very efficient, every bit of the wood is completely burned. I had a few people over to try it out, all three ordered one for themselves the next day. It's like sitting next to a gas fire with much more heat. Just dump out the ash the next morning and put it in the nice carrying case it comes with, the wood is completely burned so there is no smoke smell in the RV.
IMG_2750.JPG

2. Kodiak Flex Bow Tent. I picked up this tent because I have a trip coming up and I didn't want to drive my travel trailer across all of Nevada for four days of elk camp, with only me sleeping in it. I have wanted one since I saw one set up at a gun shop a couple years ago, I finally gave my self a reason to pull the trigger. I haven't got to use it in the field yet, but this tent is a really high quality product, canvas looks like it should last for a really long time. It's really easy to set up for one person. Has tons of room for two guys on cots, a couple dog crates and gear. It can also handle some really rough weather. A good friend reported a buddy heater and a big tank makes it plenty warm in some pretty cold weather. He was talking about getting a tent for elk hunting in the mountains around his Bozeman home and I told him about these. He sent me this picture from a couple weekends ago from when he was scouting and got caught in some snow, he said it wasn't a problem at all. Can't wait to use it.
IMG_2753.JPG
Attach0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

Timewise65

Re: Cool toys for hunting camp.

Post by Timewise65 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:20 am

Neat tent! I am not real strong when in comes to technology. I was not able to find the name on this tent, could you share that with us?

Thanks in advance,

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:32 am

Timewise65 wrote:Neat tent! I am not real strong when in comes to technology. I was not able to find the name on this tent, could you share that with us?

Thanks in advance,
Kodiak Canvas Flexbow 10x14 Deluxe model, Competitive Edge Products has them on sale for the next couple days for $50 off, free ground tarp and free shipping. The vestibule is an additional $80. Cabelas also carries them. I went with the deluxe model because it has vents that you can leave open even if it is raining, I wanted the vents to eliminate some condensation and supply fresh air when running the buddy heater.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

CaptainJackGSP

Post by CaptainJackGSP » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:33 pm

I've been using that Kodiak tent for about a year and half now in all seasons at field trials and it is absolutely amazing. I too use a buddy heater for the cold weather and small battery operated fan in the heat and am always comfortable - even in dead of summer or in full on winter conditions. Very easy to setup on your own and the only tent I have ever owned that actually fits back into its carrying case. Great purchase, enjoy it!

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Garrison....thanks I will check them out....they look great!

Good looking pup too!