Dogtra Customer Service

kcbullets

Dogtra Customer Service

Post by kcbullets » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:00 pm

My hunting partner purchased a Dogtra 2500T&B. The second time in the field the receiver fell off the collar, and was never found. This happened after about 4/5 hours in the field. He contacted Dogtra and was ultimately told "we don't cover lost product". They did offer to sale another one for 1/2 price. From my perspective the receiver came off the collar due to poor workmanship, which led to the receiver being lost somewhere in a huge CRP field. I personally have a Dogtra Edge with no issues as of yet. But I am disappointed in the customer service that Dogtra has provided in this situation. Their lack of
quality CS will prevent me from doing further business with them.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Dogtra Customer Service

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 pm

I understand completely but just another thought is if they paid for lost items you can bet everyone and his neighbor will lose they're collar, transmitter and what ever. But it still sucks when it actually happens. Collar Clinic told me the Dogstra is the best on the market as far as needed repairs go.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:09 pm

I have been using Dogtra equipment for many years, from beeper collars, no bark collars, bird launchers, remote e-collars and have had nothing but perfect performance and service. I think Ezzy hit the nail on the head with his comment.

kcbullets

Post by kcbullets » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:28 pm

I don't disagree with what you are saying but for the receiver to come off in the field on the first hunt indicates the rivots or whatever didn't do the job. I would think that if their product is quality, and I'm not arguing that point, they would know that's not normal and from a CS standpoint honor their product. The receiver separated from the collar. It's not as if the collar and all was "lost". From my perspective this is a issue with how that receiver was attached to the collar, not the owner lost it issue. I like Dogtra myself but I think this is poor CS. The buyer had no control over this. This is an issue of faulty equipment. Just my 2 cents.

jeff shumaker

Post by jeff shumaker » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:45 pm

I understand all the responses but when you only have the collar for 2 weeks and first time in field and falls apart they should back it if you have receipt and shows just got if had collar for months or year I could see there point but that's poor customer service in my eyes.

Vman

Post by Vman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:18 am

Sorry for your loss, definitely sucks, but they did offer 50% off so at least they are splitting the responsibility. I guess I would have turned the beeper on and backtracked. If it fell off it is laying there beeping until the battery goes south.

nevermind

Post by nevermind » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:45 am

what was left of the collar? were the prongs still attached? take a pic of the collar to show defect and send to Dogtra... those prongs are screwed onto the transmitter, so the prongs must have been very loose for them to back off... owner should take responsibility to check equipment before use. I'm with Vman why not backtrack and hit the locator ?

jeff shumaker

Post by jeff shumaker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Went dead or would have pronges came loss yes the two collars I Baught the other fine prongs are tight should have had a problem on first use. Poor manufacturing I think but that's my opinion and they will lose my business and others on poor customer service took me 2 weeks for a supervisor to call first week they said he will call you waiting for a call I call back next week and they tell me same thing no call back in a day so I call back and asked to speak to somebody higher up that's when they said I can buy replacement for 1/2 price. I feel I got run around spend 550 dollars expect the stuff to last

Urban_Redneck

Post by Urban_Redneck » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:32 am

I understand the unit fell off and was lost. What exactly failed, rivet, buckle, prong? Was the unit secured by the prongs passing through the collar? Were the prongs changed or otherwise checked for tightness?

The reason I bring this up is I recently installed an E fence and the inner prongs pass through the collar and are secured by the outer prongs, both were loose out of the box. I imagine it wouldn't take long for them to completely loosen and the receiver to fall off the collar. I wouldn't count that as a defect.