Which Dogtra E-collar

kcbullets

Which Dogtra E-collar

Post by kcbullets » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:23 pm

I am considering selling my near new Garmin Pro 550 and getting a Dogtra 2 dog product. I train and hunt my pointing breeds, and also train and hunt my retriever. I hunt two dogs in the field for upland. Which Dogtra product do you recommend? I would be happy with a remote that hangs around the neck, but not opposed to tubular. I would like one that is easy to use with multi dogs, and long range. I am considering the Edge, Edge RT, and maybe the SuperX. I kind of think the Edge would be nice because of different buttons for different dogs rather than switching back and forth. Also like the lights if they work well. Would consider the SuperX too though for ease of carrying. Any input and suggestions on any of these products?

Vman

Re: Which Dogtra E-collar

Post by Vman » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:47 am

The Edge or Edge RT are both excellent collars and definitely an upgrade to your current collars. The RT is probably all you need, but the Edge can be advantageous if the collars that you are using go dead you can have two spares and never miss a beat. I have an Edge that I use all the time and it is a great collar. The light feature is very nice if you need it. The orange collar blinks orange, the black blinks white light, the green a green light ect. ect. so you can tell who is who in the dark. Both come with a neck lanyard and also a belt clip if you are like me and don`t want things around your neck. I have sold quit a few of these collars and everyone loves them.

kcbullets

Post by kcbullets » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Just for my clarification, the Edge has different buttons for each dog so running two dogs in the field there is no switching toggles, just select the right button correct? I know it has a toggle for N/C/L/V but to me those are preset mostly for the way I use the collar. The RT you must flip the toggle to select right dog, correct?

Vman

Post by Vman » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:56 am

Just for my clarification, the Edge has different buttons for each dog so running two dogs in the field there is no switching toggles, just select the right button correct?
Yes you are correct. There is a button for each collar. If you have the transmitter set at 20 then each collar will give that level of stimulation.

[quoteI know it has a toggle for N/C/L/V but to me those are preset mostly for the way I use the collar.][/quote]

Correct. But I would not call it a toggle. It is a round knob that you turn.
The RT you must flip the toggle to select right dog, correct?
Yes that is correct. If you go to the Dogtra.com website and look at the Edge RT and Edge manuals they explain it alot better than me. Both are great collars and you would not be disappointed.