Garmin customer service?

luvthemud

Garmin customer service?

Post by luvthemud » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:08 am

Has anyone dealt with garmin customer service since they bought out Tri-Tronics?

I might be in the market for an e-collar shortly and haven't heard much about Garmin since the takeover. The two times I had to call Tri-Tronics for support, they were phenomenal. Sort of curious if that changed now.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Re: Garmin customer service?

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:16 am

I just called them last week regarding a tracking collar and they were great...just like TT. Little longer wait time - due to all the products they have, but just as good.

brittanynewb

Post by brittanynewb » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:15 am

I had a Garmin hand held remote go bad about a month ago, it was less than a year old. I emailed Garmin about it and they responded very quickly, I sent in the unit and they sent a new handheld unit to me. Once I received the new unit it would not pair with the collar. I again contacted Garmin and they worked with me over the phone to troubleshoot the issue. With no luck on getting the units to pair they had me send in both the handheld and collar and they sent me a new collar and handheld. Garmin used 2-day shipping to get me the unit.

I was very very pleased with there customer service

luvthemud

Post by luvthemud » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:27 am

PntrRookie wrote:I just called them last week regarding a tracking collar and they were great...just like TT. Little longer wait time - due to all the products they have, but just as good.
Great to hear. Thanks!

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:57 pm

I have received excellent customer service from Garmin since 1998, and for dog related electronics since the 2nd Astro was released. There is often a wait time of 10 - 15 minutes, so it is best to wait to call after you return from the Field and are in your easy chair. Customer service is in the US and the personnel friendly, polite, and knowledgeable.

Even better, they have quality products that rarely need service.

luvthemud

Post by luvthemud » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Neil wrote:I have received excellent customer service from Garmin since 1998, and for dog related electronics since the 2nd Astro was released. There is often a wait time of 10 - 15 minutes, so it is best to wait to call after you return from the Field and are in your easy chair. Customer service is in the US and the personnel friendly, polite, and knowledgeable.

Even better, they have quality products that rarely need service.
Thanks. I know some seemed worried about the buy-out, but all seems to be going ok it appears.