irish setter vaprtrek's....anybody look into these?

LtsHnt

irish setter vaprtrek's....anybody look into these?

Post by LtsHnt » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:42 pm

came across these while searching for a new pair of boots...they look awesome. they seem to be made more for the archery hunter and are not insulated...however they are coming out with a 400gm insulated version in July. wonder how they would do for the upland hunter? enough support?

CRaul.M01

Re: irish setter vaprtrek's....anybody look into these?

Post by CRaul.M01 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:29 pm

I was about to start a new thread but saw old thread because I got a new pair from http://www.footweartop.com/best-waterproof-work-boots/ last week. These are extremely light weight and very breathable. Perfect for warmer weather. Some other reviews have stated that the traction on the boots are poor, but I would disagree. I have thoroughly abused these boots, including walking across wet, and mossy rocks and don't find the traction to be any different than any other form of footwear. That type of terrain is just dangerous to walk on in the first place.

These are exceptionally comfortable and had no real complaints after having them on days at a time for 14+ hours. These boots are, however, slightly narrow, and about half an inch small compared to other boots I've worn.. Including my other Irish Setter boots.

Recently I've taken these to some very rugged desert terrain which has has very thick Cholla Cactus growth. These stood up very well, except for the cloth portions on the side. A cactus spine punctured all the way through into my foot (very painful!). I don't really fault the boot for this, as it's probably needed for breath ability, but wanted to remark on this.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:59 am

I have had mine for 18 months, they are light and are comfortable. But are not durable. I will be buying a new pair of boots for this season. Don't forget they are not upland boots, the cloth portions do not hold up what I hunt here in OK.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:54 pm

I tried on a pair about a year ago and felt they were not nearly as comfortable as my Irish Setter Upland Havocs.
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5

GSP4ME

Post by GSP4ME » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm

ACooper wrote:I have had mine for 18 months, they are light and are comfortable. But are not durable. I will be buying a new pair of boots for this season. Don't forget they are not upland boots, the cloth portions do not hold up what I hunt here in OK.

pretty much ditto on this word for word - heck, we may have even been buying them on the same day. I was just looking at them last night and thinking how good they would be in other parts of the country and maybe even other parts of Oklahoma - just not where I did most of my hunting.