Beeper - TT G2 or G3?

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Beeper - TT G2 or G3?

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:26 pm

For those of you who have used BOTH. I have a G2 Beeper, it needs to be refurbished. I can send it in to TT for $60 OR I can trade it in to TT and get a new G3 for roughly $95. Honestly I have not used a beeper in a few years due to hunting the prairies...I would just use the GPS. Options have changed and I think I may need a beeper this year. Is a new one worth the extra $35 and shipping (I know I am a cheap-skate).

Tell me pros and cons of each from your experience.

Gooseman07

Beeper - TT G2 or G3?

Post by Gooseman07 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:00 am

Ok, I'm going to start off by saying I've never used the G2, but I own a G3 currently. It is a very loud beeper and has many options for switching tones. At least this gives you something to think about. I cannot use it with my GSP because I waited too long to put it on him and for whatever reason, he doesn't like the loud hawk that it was set on and I have not had time to change it.

BigTub

Re: Beeper - TT G2 or G3?

Post by BigTub » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:17 pm

I have both. The G2 is louder but much wider and I can't use it on my older Britt since it won't really fit. The G3 is smaller and I love the instant "where are you" beep. Both are heavy enough that they move the whole collar around on my dogs neck. I think I like the G3 better based on size. Both dogs do not like the beepers and I have generally been running my second set of collars on the dogs that don't have beepers. But when we start chasing mearns down south, the beepers will be on them.

mobeasto123

Re: Beeper - TT G2 or G3?

Post by mobeasto123 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Last year I nearly bought the g2 but I was Anxious about the size and the neck of my Britt.. I had a sportdog combo and this is the problem I had it was too big. The G3 is wonderful 1 button operation size and weight is really good and it's loud. My dog just love it. Also the afct that it work with my TT pro 100 remote isna cool feature.

David
David & ''Hunter ''

Why put off until tomorrow a thing that we could do next week , next month or next year !!!