d) TriTronics
69%
e) Other
No votes

Total votes: 35

terrym

Which brand e-collar do you use?

Post by terrym » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:45 pm

What brand collar are you using? Tell us which model also and would you buy it again?
I don't like people who don't like dogs......

Wild Mtn muddy toes Tucker
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=3772

terrym

Re: Which brand e-collar do you use?

Post by terrym » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:47 pm

I just sold my TT Sport Basic and am looking at the Dogtra 2500 t&B. I like the various features and the people I know who use them seem quite pleased.
I don't like people who don't like dogs......

Wild Mtn muddy toes Tucker
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=3772

fireangel

Post by fireangel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:08 am

I have been happy with my TT pro-100 I have had it for about 10 years and it has been very reliable, only thing I have had to do to it is change a battery once in the collar.

MTR

Post by MTR » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:59 am

I had a TT Pro100 for 3 months and sold it for the Pro500 after I was working on a different steadying method that required more levels of monetary(nick) stimulation and I still wanted to Force Fetch with e-collar so I needed lot's of continuous stimulation levels to work with - the 500 has 18 levels of both continuous and momentary/nick. If you haven't tried it - I suggest that you feel the difference between the momentary mode on the transmitter and a quick push of the button in continuous mode. There is a remarkable difference and I found that using a quick push of the continuous button to "simulate" the momentary/nick stimulation button did not have the desired effect. The dog could tell the difference between the two different types of stimulation. If you try it on yourself, you can feel it as well quite easily. I have no issues with the toggle switch between momentary and continuous stimulation.

I added the G3 beeper last fall and liked it. I really like being able to turn it on/off from the transmitter.
I like that I can quickly pair other g3 collars while in the field. It is a 3 dog unit and have been able to borrow a friends collar when I was doing some dual collar setup with one on the flank.
I added the LED flasher to it - Christmas gift - don't know if I really needed it. I wouldn't order the Red one again hard to see IMHO. A friend has the blue and white ones - I can easily see those at dusk better than the red one I have.
I like the collar with the roller strap that came with the 500.
I like the tone. It is my recall when out too far, my tone to get hime to turn with me, or to release from point
I like that I can go from a Low 2 to Medium 2 to High 2 without having to look at the controller, turn a knob, or look at a digital display. I know that 99% of everything that I need to do can be done with those 3 levels on either continuous or momentary. That is what turned me off of the Dogtra Units (I like the controller and the collars just not the feature of adjust-ability of the stim). I am sure that someone will say that if I need to stim the dog at a higher level that I should just keep it at the level to have compliance 100% of the time. That doesn't work for me or the dog - this does.

Dislike - the controller can be "big" for some. No lanyard, where do I hang/put this thing that's the size of a big banana? Vest pocket, back pocket? I ended up getting a TT (another $20) holster and hang it upside down with a carabiner off my belt on my side. Hunting it is sometimes in a small pocket on the right side of my vest but still easily accessible with the buttons exposed for use.

The collar is on the Dog 100% of training time, hunting time, and walks/runs with the dog. He is excited when I get it out since he knows that it is work and play time. The only time it won't be on is during tests
- Rob

Two barrels next to each other and two triggers - one behind the other!

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 pm

I have the Dogtra 2500.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:18 pm

TT pro 100 from me as well. I really like it.
Steve

rinker

Post by rinker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:19 am

I have a TT 500, but if I was buying another one I would get the 100. I do not use the momentary stimulation, and I occasionally bump the switch to momentary without realizing it.