I-Kam Video sunglasses

deseeker

I-Kam Video sunglasses

Post by deseeker » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:58 am

Has anyone tried I-Kam video glasses(glasses with a video camera in it). I was thinking it might be good to get vids of the dogs hunting. But I was kind of wondering what the quality of the vidoe is? Can you see anything over 15 yards away very well or are the pictures really small and hazy. How about the pics when you are walking and not standing still. Also do they work well when it is cold. I'd like video of my hunts, but I can't get any friends to carry a video cam instead of a gun :lol: !!!! I don't want to waste the $170 unless they give viewable vids :roll: . Thanks for your feedback.

phillipsgsp

Re: I-Kam Video sunglasses

Post by phillipsgsp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:35 am

Doug, if you find out anything on these glasses let me know. I was thinking the same thing about video for client dogs i am training. it would totally make it easier to work the dog and not be messing with a camera.

Chad
"GET THE POINT" http://www.phillipsgundogs.com Family and Shorthairs, it don't get any better than that!
Phillips' Tiptoe'n Tucker MH
Phillips' Lucy in Diguise SH

anb

Post by anb » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:09 am

We are also thinking about getting these. Probably not untill summer, but they sound really helpful. Could've used them yesterday to get some thrilling footage of our rabbit hunt! Would also love more info if anyone has some!!!
Andrea

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:13 am

I've been thinking about getting something like this as well. Another one I ran into on the net is the Hatcam. Look it up on google. There are a few pheasant hunting videos on youtube using the hatcam as well.

JJ

tnbndr

Post by tnbndr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:51 pm

I just caught this forum today. I purchased a pair of the I-Kams this summer. See link below for a sample video.
The video quality if pretty good and the sound also. One quirky thing is that they only stay on standby for 30 seconds and then shutoff so you have to turn them on again unless you are video taping constantly.
If the weather clears up I will try to take another video of the dogs in the snow. I don't use them as much as I had planned, usually forget to bring them along. But I planned on taping training sessions and some clay shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqop68TQ_dE