Rubber Boots

Will

Rubber Boots

Post by Will » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:17 am

I'm in need of a new pair of rubber boots this year. Comfort is priority one...good arch and ankle support, etc.

The problem I find most is fit at the calf. I'm a big guy with big calfs and most are just too tight...especially when you want to put your pant leg in them.

Does Muck have a boot with a wide top? I've seen some of their boots and they are really small at the top.

Recommendations please?
We never really own a dog as much as he owns us. Gene Hill

Top Gun Whole Lotta Rosie

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Rubber Boots

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:32 am

Muck boots are made with neoprene tops which stretch...I love mine

wetlanders for most wet stuff and the I have a pair of the woody max a bit larger so I can wear thick pair of socks and sit for deer hunts
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:55 am

One word, MUCK! IMO, you won't find anything better.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Will

Post by Will » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:44 am

Bought some Muck Woody Max boots. Surprisingly comfortable with a good fit when you roll the top down and then up over your pant leg. Will get out in the slop and give em a try today.
We never really own a dog as much as he owns us. Gene Hill

Top Gun Whole Lotta Rosie

BigBoyTank

Post by BigBoyTank » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:48 am

Muck boots are great. I wear them now and find them to be light and comfortable. I did find them to be a little tight at the calf but I started wearing long, thin dress socks (under my normal weight sock) and pulling them above the boot line. This has worked out really well and I have no more issues. Also, the boot top can be folded down rather easily and still be worn comfortably under pants or chaps.

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 am

may want to look at some lacross boots, they are all rubber, a little more comfortable than mucks imo. varies with the individual though. both lacross and muck have good names, try them on and see which ones you like.

ncpointers

Post by ncpointers » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Muck brand boots with out a doubt!!!!

Birddog3412

Post by Birddog3412 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 pm

I have a pair of the lacrosses that are just like the Muck. They are adjustable in the calf. I have had mine 3 years, they now have a whole in them and I will be buying another just like them. They are about$70-$90 depending on how thick neoprene you want.

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:57 pm

I have both the muck and lacrosse boots. The muck is the most comfortable, but the lacrosse is a tuffer boot as far as briars and such goes. My feet sweat more in the muck. I really like them both though. Cant go wrong with either.

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:29 pm

I like the Muck brand rubber boot the best of anything that I have tried. I have very large calves and they stretch enough at the top to remain comfortable.