G2

grant
GDF Junkie

G2

Post by grant » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:36 pm

Does anyone have a G2 yet? If so, do you like it? I may upgrade my dogtra at some point....

Casper

Post by Casper » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:59 pm

I would also like to know if they are worth the money they want?

Are the stimulation levels easier to find a select level for an idividual dog than the Dogtra?

Addict

Post by Addict » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:14 pm

I like the two hour quick charge option. I'm thinking of going with one but can't decide on which model. I talked to someone at gundogsupply and they said the G2 models for the pro series should be out next week.

Addict

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:28 am

Grant,

As of today only the sport models are out, like addict said anyday now for the field and pro models.

I have pre-ordered a pro100 and will let you know how I like it.

For me the best new feature is the ability for the field and pro models to turn on/off the accessory beeper, which can be added later. The smaller size and waterproof is a nice bonus.

Currently using a dogtra and the intensity dial drives me nuts, much prefer the clicks at each level with the TT.

versatileguy

Post by versatileguy » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:27 pm

:lol:
Last edited by versatileguy on Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:00 pm

Whats a G2?
brenda

Kurzhaar

G2

Post by Kurzhaar » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:01 pm

Um, the G2 is tritronics.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:41 pm

versatileguy wrote:Would not touch a G2. :shock: If it is not a tritronics, it is junk!! :lol:
well already posted but it is Tri tronics the G2 mostly is a smaller version of the models they have out..some have some newer options ..
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:38 pm

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:56 pm

I`m kinda looking around, my Innotek transmitter just died, I don`t know if I want to call Ed Radar and get another or make a change. I have been faithful to my old Innotek and like it. I don`t think I want 18 levels, 6 would work for me. I like waterproof, as that is probably what happened to my transmitter, I probably got it wet wetting a dog down, as I hang it from my neck. Would not mind having a beeper so I can find Logan this yr hunting, but not priority. I have to have a 2-dog too....Just thinking out loud....
brenda

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:01 am

Woo Hoo I got one 2 days ago. Sport 50. 2 hour charge time. Loving it so far. Wont go to any name brand again TT all the way. The guy I hunted with all last season has the a sport 50 2 dog unti no G2 and I havent been out with him for practice yet but when i do we are going to put them side by side. I lovem and wont go to anything else.

4 Paws

Post by 4 Paws » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:06 am

I handled one ( the pro series not the sport) at Lion Country Supply over in Pa a few months back, what I liked was the smaller size and the ability to add an assessory beeper later on and remotely turn it on/off. What I didn't like was the battery set up....the battery twists on and off via a plastic lip on both the battery and the transmitter itself. I can see those breaking or the battery getting spun around and coming loose or falling off......definetly a design flaw IMHO Paws

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:30 pm

4 Paws wrote:I handled one ( the pro series not the sport) at Lion Country Supply over in Pa a few months back, what I liked was the smaller size and the ability to add an assessory beeper later on and remotely turn it on/off. What I didn't like was the battery set up....the battery twists on and off via a plastic lip on both the battery and the transmitter itself. I can see those breaking or the battery getting spun around and coming loose or falling off......definetly a design flaw IMHO Paws
I'm trying to visualize that but I'm having a hard time. Anyone got a pic of this battery setup?
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

4 Paws

Post by 4 Paws » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:14 pm

http://www.tritronics.com/3D/G2/default.asp this is the best I could find Paws

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:52 pm

Woah, I had to switch over to IE and install an ActiveX control to view that one. *shudders* Excuse me while I spend the next four hours running anti-spyware and antivirus scans. :wink:

You mean the battery is a battery pack that compromises the bottom chunk of the transmitter? Ugh... I hate proprietary batteries. If it goes dead and won't charge, you gotta wait to get a new one in the mail. I'd rather the thing twist open and have a slot for about 4 NiMH AA batteries.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:18 pm

I guess it will hav to wait for me, I called Ed and he has a Inn 300 trnsmitter on the way. I like mine and will stick with it awhile longer. I`ll give those new ones awhile......
brenda

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:13 pm

Ayres wrote:Woah, I had to switch over to IE and install an ActiveX control to view that one. *shudders* Excuse me while I spend the next four hours running anti-spyware and antivirus scans. :wink:
Yep, what are they thinking... =) So much for accessability and usability… Lets see how long it takes them to change it....

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:24 pm

My PRO 100 G2 and accessory beeper arrived today. Unfortunately I missed the UPS guy so I'll have to pick it up tomorrow,then I'm heading up north for 3 days for a Pig Roast and to get the pup into a TON of Ruffies. I 'll write a Greg Jennings :wink: style review when I get back.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:20 pm

Well, I've had the G2 pro 100 for close to a month now and have to say I am really pleased. I haven't found anything I didn't like about the collar yet.

First off the new batteries are great, really like the indicator light which lets you now how much batt is left. The collar must have 100 hours of "on" time still on the first charge and the lights are still green on both transmitter and collar.

The size is nice, fits on your belt(with the 4 way holster) without being in the way, but not so small that it would be hard to use with gloves or anything. I also got the mighty micro antenna which gives 60% of range and it really cuts down the overall size.

The accessory beeper works great, remotely operating the beeper is a huge plus and was one of the reasons I went with the a Pro model. Not having a wire running to the beeper and being able to take it on and off when needed is also a nice feature.

Although I have not had the transmitter completely submerged in water it has been soaked from rain with no ill affects.( Give me time I'll probably drop it into the lake soon...I'll let you know)

Also, I have not heard this mentioned in other descriptions of the G2's but the stimulation can be increased/decreased while the button is depressed just like the dogtra units.

All in all this is a great collar and anyone who is holding out on getting one because they are new, go for it, it's a great product.

Casper

Post by Casper » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:21 pm

I just got the 2 dog pro 100

Right out of the box already like it. The recievers are so much lighter than the dogtra and half the size. I like the feel of the transmitter and like the fact that it came with a 5 way holster and 2day air shiping from http://lcsupply.com/

The turn dial is a bit stiff but unless you are dealing with a real stubborn dog than you shouldnt have to turn it much. The setup of the buttons are nice just goingto take a bit of getting used to them and the right button to hit at the right time. The collar strap is long enough to use it on a horses neck :P

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:07 pm

Casper
Does the collar fit around the dog waist. I think thats why, for whoa training.
Great review guys. Thanks
Billy
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change"

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=147

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=152

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:19 pm

llewgor wrote:Casper
Does the collar fit around the dog waist. I think thats why, for whoa training.
Great review guys. Thanks
No they come standard with a 24 inch collar.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:35 pm

24inches so it will fit around the dogs waist.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:36 pm

i thought the waste ones were fabric. arnt these just for the neck. I cut mine down to fit her neck when she has a beeper on.

Casper

Post by Casper » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:13 pm

They probably send them long so they will fit any dog from the largest of dogs to even the little ones. It is so lite that I dont even think it weights any more than 6 ounces (reciever w/o strap).

I have now used it a couple times and like it so much more than the dogtra. The fact that I can get a better response by just pushing a different button makes me love it that much more. I couldnt tell you how many times I needed just a bit more juice and couldnt get to the dial fast enough.

One more note, if you are planing on getting one in the future I highly recomend Lion Country Supply http://lcsupply.com/ they are great with customer service. They sent my the wrong color for a holster (something they give you free with puchase $15 value) so I called to ask if they were out of stock or they only give black with the free offer or if it was a mistake. The guy I talked to said it was not any of those someone just sent me the wrong one and he would get the right color out asap. I ask if he wanted for me to return the other holster and he said to just keep it :headbang: how sweet is that they give you free 2nd day shiping a free 5 way holster and enroll you in their ecollar recovery system. Cant ask for anything better.

Casper

Post by Casper » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:21 am

A little update

Had both recievers die on me with in 2 weeks of each other :( but had to wait till the holidays were over to talk with TT. They said it was the first time they have gotten a problem like mine. So they are shipping me out a new set. Great customer service 8)

Addict

Post by Addict » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:27 am

Thats too bad you had a problem with them but good to see they are making things right.

Addict

surf n' turf

upland G2

Post by surf n' turf » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:40 am

I have always been a tt guy and have wanted a upland special for years but never really could bring myself around to buying one. I finally went to cabelas yesterday and picked up a Upland G2 two dog model. I liked it the minute i got it out of the box. where i hunt chukars I am always losing sight of the dogs and the ability to turn the beepers on and off remotely is a huge plus for me. i am loving this collar already!!!!!!!

TAK

Post by TAK » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:09 am

Casper wrote:A little update

Had both recievers die on me with in 2 weeks of each other :( but had to wait till the holidays were over to talk with TT. They said it was the first time they have gotten a problem like mine. So they are shipping me out a new set. Great customer service 8)
Should have got the Dogtra! :D

Casper

Post by Casper » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:12 am

TAK wrote:

Should have got the Dogtra! :D
Have one a 1200 dont like it you wanna buy it :wink:

parshal

Post by parshal » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:05 pm

I have a multi-sport 2s that's been to TT twice for repair and it's still not working. It's intermittent beyond 80 yards. I also have a Pro 100 under warranty with the exact same problem! I've always loved TT but am getting a sneaky suspicion that they don't like me. I've planned on buying a new collar soon and think it will be a Dogtra 2-dog T&B. I had a problem with a Dogtra 2000 NCP a few years ago and my buddy has a problem with his 1200. I think they've all got their problems.

Addict

Post by Addict » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:51 pm

Just an update. I purchased a TT G2 field 90 a couple of months ago. I love it and have zero problems.

WB

RabbitBeagle

Post by RabbitBeagle » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:27 pm

Here is another link for the G2 sport. I am also thinking about getting one.

http://www.gundogsupply.com/tritronics-sport-50-g2.html

Thing that worries me is the 1/2mile range.

gundogguru

Post by gundogguru » Wed May 03, 2006 5:51 pm

I bought the Pro 500 G2 2 dog collar and really like it. I'm not wild about using an E collar but some times you just need it.