Dogtra 2500 T&B anyone have one?

jsd245

Dogtra 2500 T&B anyone have one?

Post by jsd245 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:50 am

I just got one of these any was wondering if anyone else had one and could answer these questions-
1.) on the beeper horn you can turn it. It has a "open" and close direction printed on it.Whatis this for? The manual doesn;t mention it at all.

2.) If I shake it it seems have comething rolling around in it. It sounds alot like a little ball bearing rolling around in one of those little handhled games they have where you have to roll the bal through a maze. Is the related to the point/run beeper function? Or do I have a broken brand-new collar? All the functions seem to work correctly, so it doesn't seem like it is broken.

jsd245

Post by jsd245 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:27 pm

I called dogtra today- the thing rolling around is infact the motion sensor. The part on the transmitter that turns is there so you can replace it. Apparently they've found that dogs often chew on this part because it protrudes so they made it so it can be easily replaced.

grousehunter08

Post by grousehunter08 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:32 am

A friend of mine has one and it seems to not be loud enough for me. I like the beeper up top on my 2002 T&B much better. I used his 2500 and its still works the same as the 2002 but in the thick stuff or a strong wind the beep would get lost

Windyhills

Post by Windyhills » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:45 pm

Yep, the new beeper design is not loud enough for even moderate ranging dogs in high winds.

ceadmin

Re: Dogtra 2500 T&B anyone have one?

Post by ceadmin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Maybe, you guys are losing your hearing? :D I can hear mine, especially when I hit the locate button. I actually turn mine down to help save the dogs ears. I do admit, in a good wind and with some distance on the dog, i have to turn it to max to make sure I am not missing out on the action. But most of my collar days are set on point only mode and when it goes off, there is something different being carried in the air. :D
Molon Labe!

jsd245

Post by jsd245 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Wow this is an old post. During this season my beeper stopped working. Going to send it back to get it fixed once goose season is closed.

chukarguy

Post by chukarguy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:27 am

I can't hear mine quite often. Other than than that it is a great collar. No problems yet. I do have to replace the part you mentioned that twists off. My dog's are sensitive to electricity and I have often turned the collars upside down so that I can hear them better.
You live by the river, you die by the river

Ada Viz

Post by Ada Viz » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:22 am

I've had one for about 6 months and love it, I've used it quite a bit. The beeper isn't as loud as other collars (maybe just because it points down?) but it is definitely loud enough for the hunting I do. The only thing that worries me is the rubber dust cap that protects the charger port often pops open after hard running. I guess I could figure an easy fix for it. My dog has dunked it and the water didn't fry the unit so I guess it is ok. One nice thing about this collar is it makes two different locate beep tones, hi and low pitch. (not available with the two dog model) So you can use one tone solely for the run/point mode and the other tone for giving commands by using the locate button. This collar uses lithium polymer batteries, they charge really fast and last a really really long time. No need to bring your charger with you even on long trips out of state if you charge your collar before hand. What I like best--and the reason I went with Dogtra--is the very wide range of stimulation, I've found I can't even feel anything on the palm of my hand until about level 15. At 25 is when I just barely get my dogs attention. At 40 I REALLY get her attention and this thing goes all the way up to 128!

coryf

Post by coryf » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:25 pm

I think the 2500 was a step backwards for Dogtra. The 2000 is a much better collar IMO.
I agree.

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:31 am

What is the overall size of the collar. IS it the same size as a regular collar? But has a beeper on it. They look small in pictures.

I am thinking about getting one of these, but my problem is my wirehair is only 36 pounds. very small neck. The traditional style, beeper on top, collar on the bottom, do not fit my dog.

But if the all in one unit is large, then that might not work either. Unfortunately, i am not near a store who carries these so i cannot go and actually see one. thanks

KY Grouse Hunter

Post by KY Grouse Hunter » Thu May 07, 2009 6:34 am

The the collar I would say is just a shy smaller of normal size. I have a 36 lb. setter with a pencil neck and it fits him fine I just have to buckledown just about all the way up and then tuck whats hanging out on the collar back through the D ring, works fine.
Sally's Branch Duke
Sally's Branch Copper

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Gentlemen, & Ladies,
Dogtra has a great product, however the new 2500 B&T Collar are not the same as the older 2000 and prior collars. 1st Dogtra re-engineered the collar combining both
the shock unit and Beeper unit into one engineering package, that hangs under the dogs neck. Now this is fine if you have a short to mid range running dog in our big Pa Grouse woods. However if you have bigger moving Grouse dog, the beeper is pointing at the ground, severely limiting the sound range of the locator beeper. Big mistake as far as we are concerned. I am presently testing the new DT Systems B&T collars for one of the major suppliers, and because the DT engineers are the same people who developed the original Dogtra Collars, the DT Systems Collars are designed as the original Dogtra collars were, with a few upgrades. Until the Dogtra company goes back to their original style engineering on the B&T collars, we are now recommending the new DT Systems B&T Collars to our clients. The testing of the DT Systems B&T Collars in our Pa Grouse woods has just started, and they are preforming very well so far, we will post further results as usage continues.
RGD/Dave