Got it narrowed down to a few e-collars...Help please!

SlickClowninMillie

Got it narrowed down to a few e-collars...Help please!

Post by SlickClowninMillie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:21 am

I am looking at purchasing an e-collar soon. I think I have it narrowed down to a few collars. It's between the DT Systems EZT Plus 5000 , Tri Tronics G3 Upland , Dogtra 2500 T&B, or a Tri Tronics Field Series collar and add the beeper later. Please give me your opinions....Thanks guys!

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:24 am

I got the TT G3 Upland in December and absolutely love it. My favorite feature is being able to turn the beeper on or off from the transmitter! It really comes in handy for locating your dog if you don't want to leave the beeper on the whole time you are hunting. I think I'm spoiled now, it would be hard for me not to have remote beeper capabilities anymore!!

SlickClowninMillie

Post by SlickClowninMillie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:26 am

I can't remember does the G3 have the non-stimulation tone option?

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:30 am

SlickClowninMillie wrote:I can't remember does the G3 have the non-stimulation tone option?

Nope, it doesn't it. I used the tone on my old TT for a recall command. It worked well, until I put a beeper on my shorthair. Every time it beeped she would come running back to me. It was really annoying and it took her a while to stop doing it. So, I don't miss the tone...just stick w/ the whistle for the recall.

Jager

e-collars

Post by Jager » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 am

Tri-Tronics sport upland G3- about 6 mo. ago I purchased this set-up with all 3 collars and beepers...about 2 mo. after I got it one of the collars/recievers (orange)quit taking a charge. Called TT and they shipped a replacement no problem. Well over the weekend the same thing happened with a different collar/reciever (yellow), in addition to that, the yellow collar/reciever and the previous replacement reciever (orange) is not working with the beeper. Called TT and they are now sending 2 replacement recievers. The 3rd collar/reciever (green) has had no problems at all. I previously owned and still have the 2 dog sport 50s and had no problem with it's reliability now for about 5 years
Dear Lord, Please make me the kind of person my dogs think I am.

http://www.allnkennels.com

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Re: Got it narrowed down to a few e-collars...Help please!

Post by PntrRookie » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:00 am

SlickClowninMillie wrote:Tri Tronics G3 Upland
Has my vote. Have had this upland series for 8+ years. TT's customer service is great! Loved it when they added the on/off for the beeper to the hand unit. Loved it when they added the multiple collar option (runs up to three dogs).

TT seems to be looking to what the customer is in need of. My next request would be for there to be an option on the hand held unit to switch beeper modes, i.e. point/ run to point only, etc. Taking the beeper off and opening the unit is a bit of a job. VERY easy if you have the time, but if you want to do it on the fly, you can't.

LOVE my TT!

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:57 pm

TT G3 Upland for me. I believe mine has tone only on the dial. Never use it.

Diverswelcome

Post by Diverswelcome » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:36 pm

I have the G3 Sport Basic, not the uplander but the same transmitter pretty. Much this winter I lost the transmitter in the snow while out training. I found it 3 days later and it still worked. The only draw back that I see with these is that there is no way to secure the transmitter except with the little string that they give you ( I broke that in about a week). When I tried to put something more sturdy through there I broke the plastic piece. However LCS, now has holters made for the G3 transmitters (finally)

steve96

Tri-Tronics Sport Upland G3

Post by steve96 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:57 pm

This is by far the best system I have use. My problem with others is that they just get worn out, break, or just don't last for the money. You have some great products listed but I have fallen in love with my Upland G3 and wouldn't do anything different.