WHAT GSP FIELD TRIAL DOGS ARE >>>>

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
Hotchkiss

Post by Hotchkiss » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:43 pm

WHAT NATIONAL CALIBER FIELD TRIAL GSP'S ARE THROWING SOME WINNING DOGS IN THE SHOOTING DOG AND ALL AGE CLASSES AT THIS POINT. I AM INTERESTED IN THE STUDS AND THE BITCHES, NOT JUST THE STUDS.

Gertie

Re: WHAT GSP FIELD TRIAL DOGS ARE >>>>

Post by Gertie » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:04 pm

WHY ARE YOU YELLING? :lol:
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:47 pm

Gertie wrote:WHY ARE YOU YELLING? :lol:
Lol :lol:
May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber

Hotchkiss

Post by Hotchkiss » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:29 pm

Gertie wrote:WHY ARE YOU YELLING? :lol:

Okay you are NOT my wife :). She can text "Will you be home by 6:00?" Answer: "No"
Next question: "Why are you made?"

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:08 am

Check out NGSPA.ORG and GSPCA.ORG.

Hotchkiss

Post by Hotchkiss » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:25 am

ACooper wrote:Check out NGSPA.ORG and GSPCA.ORG.

Maybe I am missing something. I can tell who is winning the national stakes, but just because those dogs are winning does not mean their offspring are doing well. I guess that was my reall question.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:55 am

Hotchkiss wrote:
ACooper wrote:Check out NGSPA.ORG and GSPCA.ORG.

Maybe I am missing something. I can tell who is winning the national stakes, but just because those dogs are winning does not mean their offspring are doing well. I guess that was my reall question.

My thought was look to see who is producing those dogs that are winning the national trials.

Hotchkiss

Post by Hotchkiss » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:08 pm

I have not done a very good job explain my question. My thinking was there a certain number of AA AND Shooting Dogs that have been winning on the national level the last five years. I suspect so me of them have been bred. How many of those offspring are doing well in futurities or elsewhere.

Southwind

Post by Southwind » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:18 am

A lot of the big time players in the GSP trial world do a go job of breeding their CH females to the best males available (whether it be in house or not), and then keeping pups in their training /trialing program generation after generation. A couple examples come to mind:

1) Blue Dawn Kennels is the home of "slick" bred gsp's. Since you asked about the last 5 years, I won't even mention NFC Heide's Might City Slicker and all the natl' ch wins his offspring have had. Fast forward a couple generations to NFC Chisholm Creek's Cuttin Loose (Cutter). Two dogs that come to mind out of Cutter are NSDC H's Hedge Rise Ignited (Aggie) and NGDC Slick's Cuttin Wild (Joker). These are two of the nicest dogs in the country and have been bred to very nice females, and pups have both stayed at BDK, been sold to their clients, and/or been sold to other serious trialers that will give them what they need to compete. I know of at least 2-3 dogs sired by Aggie that have wins and their FC title. I do not know of any FC's sired by Joker (although I would bet there are several out there), but I have seen offspring of his with trial wins.

2) Rich Barber at Outbak Kennels. Just by looking at his website you can see that his NC female Outbak's Josey was bred to two different NC GK bred dogs and both breedings have produced NC wins under his handling. Just a matter of time, for those dogs to produce winners on the natl' level.

Although I know very little about them or their dogs, I am sure you can say the same thing for the Prairie Wind GSP's out west and the HK gsp's in TX. These are all great teams of people that operate well oiled systems and produce natl ch quality dogs year after year, generation after generation.

msrkennels

Post by msrkennels » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:55 am

The Nc gspca and AF Ngspa for the majority of the last ten years are out Annies Little Stinker at Msr kennels they include mars Opalesenses,Msrs Crystal Blue ,Trey,Dixie also many more hour champion Opals offspring are winning and placing in futurities .

Quailcommando

Post by Quailcommando » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:56 pm

The GSPCA Futurities are this month you will be able to see who is winning. Some really strong dogs running I know Opal/Joker pups will be on hand can't wait to see how they run in Kansas!

higghs

Post by higghs » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Southwind, thanks for the mention. To date Aggie has sired 13 FC and or AFC and has several others with wins. He has several running in the GSPCA national championships(about 15 entries).

Hotchkiss

Post by Hotchkiss » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:02 am

Any word on how the amateurs have done in Kansas?

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:39 pm

2nd series
FB_IMG_1445027875245.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

higghs

Post by higghs » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Aggie's offspring did well in the just completed GSPCA National Championship. A daughter, Blaze, was runner up in the Amateur Gundog and a son, Topper, was the 3rd place dog in the Open Gundog. Aggie is also the grand sire of the Futurity winner. Congratulations to each.