California Brittany Trials Oct 2012

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
ultracarry
GDF Junkie

California Brittany Trials Oct 2012

Post by ultracarry » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:56 am

Joe, I'm also.assuming you will be going to the Brittany club field trials in October in the bakersfield area?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Idaho Brittany Club, 22 Sept - Mile Post 9

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:04 am

ultracarry wrote:Joe, I'm also.assuming you will be going to the Brittany club field trials in October in the bakersfield area?
Joe is in charge of the first one he better be there
those trials though are in New Cuyama in the foothills closer to Santa Barbara....very nice place actually has a dog wagon so you can kinda see part of the trial as it is a single course...but the lay out is beautiful
Last year dog went on point and covey of about 30 plus valley quail came up before the released bird was flushed...would have made a great picture if some one would have had a camera
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 am

I just say bakersfield because its the same way I would take to get there. :) ill be going to Joes trial then. Kimber loves coveys of valley quail.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:30 am

There is two trials Joes (San Joaquin Brittany Club) is Oct 20-22 Sat Sun Mon then The Calif Brittany Club Same spot will be Oct 26 27 28 Fri Sat Sun

when you said Bakersfield I think Cal City grounds Go figure :lol:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:34 am

Oh and to add Sounds like they are going to have good food and some raffles and stuff also at both trials. My friend Linda is in charge of that
When I try to introduce people to HB trials I try to get them over to the Southern Cal region as there is a group of people who know how to put together nice trials and are more welcoming to new people ...I got a couple people hooked last year :lol:

Trying to make plans to come for the two trials See how it works out

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: California Brittany Trials Oct 2012

Post by ultracarry » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:12 am

Sounds like a good time. Will be the first time I run her on those grounds. Might be running a puppy if they don't have planted birds on that course..... Wild ones are fine.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm

as Arlette says I will be at both trials. They are on8000 acres of private land behind locked gates There are tons of wild birds I am fortunate enough to get to hunt them once in a while These two trials are the only two run on the grounds. They are a great grounds but a single course it makes getting a weekend trial done tough. The SSJVBC is a club I just revived with the help of some Ca Britt Club members to keep another trial alive.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:27 pm

when are the premiums gonna be sent out?
and PS I see Sonny got another placement Congratulations

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 pm

thank you
premiums next week I am told...show people still fussing over food details

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Chukar12 wrote:thank you
premiums next week I am told...show people still fussing over food details
Aren't you the "Man" in charge :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nunez Deep Fried Turkeys
lasagna
tri tip
If Mark does the Deep Fried turkeys on the first weekend maybe do another Village soup with the carcass like we did at the futurity
and please do not forget libations :mrgreen:

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:51 pm

If you get to hunt there you should always invite a shorthair owner to prove you are not biased. :) thanks for the hard work BTW. We always can use more trials out here. I'll bring some local beer for ya.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:13 pm

They are on8000 acres of private land behind locked gates There are tons of wild birds
I'd have to go thru the logs of my posts but I'm pretty sure this is my first reply to a Brittany thread...so, wahoo!! :mrgreen: Anyway...dubbyatee-eff?? 8000 acres, tons of wild birds and yer gonna run a little half hour circle over and over...on poultry?? Geeeesh! Almost clicked on the rolly eyes guy but since it's my first post in new territory I'm goin' for the razzy guy - :P

Just funnin'! Enjoy! :D

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:16 pm

thats fair criticism Doc ..but some of it is typical 8 foot tall Ca burned brush country...and if its hot we don't want damaged olfactory mucus membrane to be permanent

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Aww yesss, how could I be so insensititive - don't want to damage the old factory membrains...'ol Scoots sprained his once as a puppy and still sniffs with a limp...

kbshorthairs

Post by kbshorthairs » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:57 pm

DGFavor wrote:Aww yesss, how could I be so insensititive - don't want to damage the old factory membrains...'ol Scoots sprained his once as a puppy and still sniffs with a limp...

Can you get Scoots a handicapped sticker? Maybe he could finally win a ribbon someplace......poor old thang! :D

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Alright, your making it difficult to head up to the championship if several of you are going to be south at the brit trial. I may have a change of heart so, where would be the best place to stay if I was to come south instead? Also, will there be a wrangler there or possibly a horse to borrow for a few braces. I wouldn't mind seeing Kimber make her way around. I will be down on the 27th and 28th.

Joe

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:47 am

there is a dog wagon which you can get to see some of the trial ..there might be possibility of borrowing a horse even though they do not have a wrangler there....

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:45 am

jcbuttry8 wrote:Alright, your making it difficult to head up to the championship if several of you are going to be south at the brit trial. I may have a change of heart so, where would be the best place to stay if I was to come south instead? Also, will there be a wrangler there or possibly a horse to borrow for a few braces. I wouldn't mind seeing Kimber make her way around. I will be down on the 27th and 28th.

Joe
No pressure of course lol. No promises either. I'll either camp in my car or truck or bring a tent. Maybe go hunt some wild birds a few miles away also.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:36 am

That's cool. Since my company is sending me to Cali for work they are paying the bills so, I will let them pay for my room. What is the nearest town to the grounds? I can find one from there.

Joe

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Google new cuyama ca... I think the closest town is maricopa.

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:03 pm

You talking about the Carrizo Plain area?If so what road ?
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 am

Joe,

If you choose to come to that trial you will want to stay to the west side down in Santa Maria. It is closer than Bakersfield or even Maricopa, I am guessing about 30-35 miles. The ranch is fairly remote.

JG

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:09 am

When someone gets the premium out we won't need to.guess :)

On a.side note. Do you have all the judges? I saw a few on AKC....

Edit. I see they added all the judges. Very nice selection.