four lakes walking trial

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
larue

four lakes walking trial

Post by larue » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:31 am

We are going to be holding our akc walking trial this year on march 24th and 25th at pine island ,which is at portage wis.We might hold one horseback stake,but we will have puppy,derby,am and open gun dog as walking stakes.
I will post a link once we are approved.

larue

Re: four lakes walking trial

Post by larue » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:55 pm

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Same weekend as GSPC of Eastern Iowa WFT

larue

Post by larue » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:42 am

Reasons to come to a 4 lakes field trial.
1. Great grounds to run a dog.Big grounds with flat terrain,easy to get to off of the interstate.Best grounds in wis,maybe the midwest
2.Wis dell is 15 minutes away.If your wife and kids like waterparks,send them to the dells,family will be happy,you will get to run your dog.Wife happy,you are happy.
3.Great food,and adult beverages.As a club we put having fun as a priority,there will be plenty of good food,and drinks.We all hang around after trial to socialize.
4.great facilities,we have a warm dry building with a real toliet to use,so cold weather,wet weather does not ruin the event.
5.just a fun group to be around,no drama,no ego's,and we try to use great judges,so far we are looking at tim jick,mike kindler,pat vandehie,and we are looking for one
more.
The walking trial for our club is about giving people a chance to run in trials,who do not own horses,or who want to try out field trials and see how they like them.

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 am

5 very good reasons indeed.

larue

Post by larue » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:58 am

I took a walk at pine island yesterday,and the grounds are nice and dry,and look great for the trial in two weeks.
Looking at menus for the trial,thinking about baby back ribs,or rib eyes from our local meat market,open to suggestions.
It looks like we will be having a light trial as far as entries,so we will no doubt be training some once the trial is over.
once again,come on out and run a dog,or walk along with the handlers to watch a field trial.
Thinking back a few years,this is the same weekend that the gsp of wis used to run there walking trial at eagle.It used to be a large trial,I remember max won his first major at there trial,a 4 point win.
Now they do not hold any field trials at all.
Walking trials are the future for trialing,come out and see some nice dogs,or to have good food,and a few beverages

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:23 am

larue, good luck with your trial. Glad to hear Pine Island is looking good...especially compared to last year's problems. Is your trial open to all breeds or is it GSP specific? I am not up on AKC trials...we will be running there the week prior to Easter...

larue

Post by larue » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:58 pm

all breeds,I have never seen an akc gsp trial that was closed,other than the nationals.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:43 pm

I'm sending my entries tomorrow. 2 Derbies.

Doug

larue

Post by larue » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 pm

we had a nice turn out for our trial,the weather was good,the birds were strong,and we had fun.planning on the same dates next year.