NAVHDA Test 10-2 thru 10-3

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
gspmo1

NAVHDA Test 10-2 thru 10-3

Post by gspmo1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:26 pm

I am going to be attending my first NAVHDA test for the Western Illinois Chapter on the first weekend of October. I will be testing my male pup in the NA test.
I was wondering if any other GDF members will be there or are members of the chapter. I live in central Missouri and I cant make the local test so I will be headed up north for the test.

I am pretty excited about the test but, if Frank performs the way he should we will be fine..... I hope :lol:

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Re: NAVHDA Test 10-2 thru 10-3

Post by wems2371 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:46 pm

I am from the Western Illinois Chapter and will be helping with the test...maybe testing in UPT. It's a friendly group, with some nice grounds, some good eats, and a little raffle each day.

"Munster" is also from Western Illinois.

"Meat" is from Western Illinois too, but isn't on the forum much.

There might be a couple more I'm missing. :?:

If you have any questions, concerns, or what not--shoot me a line. Hope to meet you and I'm sure you'll do fine! :wink:

JeremyS

Post by JeremyS » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:40 am

If my dog is ready, I am hoping to be down there to run the Utility Test. He is at the trainer now and should be ready by then. It will be my first go around with a NAVHDA test, so hopefully things go well.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:53 pm

If you need anything, in regards to the test, drop me a line. I see that you have a fellow Countryside dog...and I don't know if you've noticed, but GDF member "Briarpatch" has a pup named Sage that looks to be a littermate by the pedigree I'm seeing.

Denise

JeremyS

Post by JeremyS » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Yep, Jeff has been real good to me. My Jake is from the first Jacob/Chance breeding, but I did get to see Sage when I picked him up last fall. Jake is with him now for training. I was just planning on having Jeff run him, but he wants me to. Not sure if I am ready to, but I guess I won't learn if I don't do it. I might need a lot of help.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:21 pm

We are thinking about doing UPT/UT with our older dog, but we've got to work some more on the duck search. While we've helped a lot of friends during UT training, and helped with a few tests, we're first timers to anything above NA...when it comes to our own dogs and training. So I know what you mean about not learning if you don't try. I'm sure Jeff will have him well prepared for you. We will have a mock test in September, but I know that would be some distance for you to travel.

gspmo1

Post by gspmo1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks for the information, I am thinking about making it up there for the mock test in September, but I live about 4.5 hours away so I might not be able to get up there.

TraditionsGSPs2010

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Joe,

Are you planning on making to the MO Uplands training day at the end of the month? If so, mention to Matt Roth you will be testing this fall. He is our training day coordinator and has a real eye for the suble things that will make a difference. I'm sure he will be happy to give you some pointers (pun intended).

Good luck testing and I hope to meet you at one of the training days some day.
David Hughes
Traditions Shorthairs

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Munster

Post by Munster » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:32 am

Looking forward to seeing you. I ran our test last year and it was a very smooth running test. We have a lot of great members and Volunteers Wems and her hubby being just a couple.

Wems, I am glad to hear that youall may be ready for your Upt/UT. You are going to have a blast running it. I am trying to decide if I will make the training day this weekend. We have our Mock test with Hawkeye on Sunday. Just have to work it out so Iam not running all over the state this weekend.
I sure miss seeing everyone!
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:29 am

Okay, no going back now, as I entered our girl in the UPT. :twisted:

Please note that if you are coming to the mock test in September, you need to preregister, so we know how many birds we'll need and how to plan the day.
http://westernillinoisnavhda.org/testin ... tion.shtml

Munster

Post by Munster » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:59 am

wems2371 wrote:Okay, no going back now, as I entered our girl in the UPT. :twisted:

Please note that if you are coming to the mock test in September, you need to preregister, so we know how many birds we'll need and how to plan the day.
http://westernillinoisnavhda.org/testin ... tion.shtml

Cool beans! You guys will do great!
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

gspmo1

Post by gspmo1 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 pm

TraditionsGSPs2010 wrote:Joe,

Are you planning on making to the MO Uplands training day at the end of the month? If so, mention to Matt Roth you will be testing this fall. He is our training day coordinator and has a real eye for the suble things that will make a difference. I'm sure he will be happy to give you some pointers (pun intended).

Good luck testing and I hope to meet you at one of the training days some day.
Yes I will be at the training day later this month. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and I let Matt know I wanted a couple pigeons. I sure wish this heat would let up so I could do a little more training with my pup.

JeremyS

Post by JeremyS » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Looks like I am gonna miss this one. Gonna concentrate on getting the master hunter done this fall. Should make it down to some tests down there though.

gspmo1

Post by gspmo1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:58 pm

A big thanks to all the folks in the Western Illinois chapter for hosting the test this past weekend.

I had a great time and everyone there was helpful and welcoming to new comers such as myself. I learned a lot about the testing procedure and enjoyed watching the other dogs.

Also can help but mention, my pup Frank got an 87 point prize 3. Very proud of the little feller :D

Joe

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:56 pm

A big congrats and nice to meet you!

Denise