NSTRA Dog of the Year

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
Blue Briar

NSTRA Dog of the Year

Post by Blue Briar » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Anyone heard who made the first cut today?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: NSTRA Dog of the Year

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Nolans dog Bull and Wes barr dog Blu and J R made it
My Blazer dog I don't know what was up with him but he sure wasn't in trial mode :oops: my Mollie made the cut
i think buzz got a placement butno matter he did made the cut

will try and and get some time tomorrow and get some more of the dogs that made first round of cuts as part 1 continues tromorrow
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Adam Dahlstrom

Post by Adam Dahlstrom » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:54 pm

My wire Gable got in. (avatar dog) He has a tuff draw tomorrow with Crosswinds Truckin Fritz. Nolan got a couple in I think he said rusty and brass but don't quote me on it. I was kinda side tracked when he told me Gable made it in. In A field Blazer and Adam fellers took first 5/5, 2nd doc ramsey with WINDSWEPT RIDGE'S ALL SHOOK UP 4/4/b, third I can't remember was an EP I think Nolan said. 4th was my dog Gable. Missed 3rd by .33 of a point. Chuck Ludolph from the MN region made it with JR an ES. Elden Miller made it with his ES Jake.(MN region) Other than that I can't tell ya much. Hopefully Gable and Nolan can put it together. They'll need it running against Fritz.
Last edited by Adam Dahlstrom on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Briar

Post by Blue Briar » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:02 am

Congrats on your Gable dog making the cut and good luck!!!! Thanks for the update

midnightrun

Post by midnightrun » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:06 pm

I know that the only Vizsla entered, a 3 year old male named Bailey who ran on Day 1 in the B field, took 2nd place with an 860 and advanced to the second round. Bailey is sired by male, FC AFC Si Cisco (pictured in my avatar). This is his first trip to Amo with his owner, John Bacik, out of the OH region.

He was scheduled to run again today, but I haven't heard the results. I hear the weather is pretty lousy, though.

Adam Dahlstrom

Post by Adam Dahlstrom » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Gable beat Fritz 3/3/b to 2/2/b. I don't think it will be enough though. He was sitting on 8th with a number off dogs left to run. Sounds like he ran pretty good. His finds were in the mid to low 80s and retrieves in the mid to high 80s. 50 on the back. Can't remember the obedience and ground coverage but they were pretty good I thought.

I heard it was raining pretty hard.

Sonny Hawkins

Post by Sonny Hawkins » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:10 pm

I do know the trial is over, Who Won? Thanks-----Sonny
SON/STARR KENNELS
Son/Starr's Slick---1st Amateur Champion of NSTRA.

Sonny Hawkins

Post by Sonny Hawkins » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:30 pm

UPDATE --NSTRA DOY----------------(WINNER)- Mark Griffiths-(Michigan Region)-With (CLASSIC POINT GRETCHEN) (GSP)
(CONGRATS MARK)-----------------SONNY
SON/STARR KENNELS
Son/Starr's Slick---1st Amateur Champion of NSTRA.

Blue Briar

Post by Blue Briar » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:28 pm

Dang it Sonny you beat me to it. Congrats to Mark and Gretchen

Hey Sonny When are you and Jeff coming up here to Scotts, so I can show you my fall over while talking at the table trick.

Chris Ritter

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:34 pm

Wow, thats great,I heard a GSP was Runner up too!!! Thats a first!
brenda

Adam Dahlstrom

Post by Adam Dahlstrom » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:51 am

Any word on the other placements?

My Wire missed that cut that I mentioned earlier by 10 points. That 50 back hurt him. I still think he had a good week. He was one of two wires entered. Maybe if we got a better second draw we could have moved on but thats the way the game is played. Gotta beat em all to win it.

Thanks Nolan for handling him even though you usually don't do that. (don't know if he is on here or not) If anyone is looking for a NSTRA trainer I would go with him. He is one heck of a guy and a straight shooter.

dustertoo

Post by dustertoo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Congrats to Mark and Gretchen.

I've been watching Gretchen all year, and she is the real deal...very nice.

Dave Tharp