NW Chukar Open SD/AA and Nat'l Am. Chukar SD

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
DGFavor
GDF Junkie

NW Chukar Open SD/AA and Nat'l Am. Chukar SD

Post by DGFavor » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:46 pm

Been battling out a few trials up at the Robertson ranch the past few days. Been hot and dry, dry, dry. Mornings decent but gets hot fast up to 90's they're saying although didn't feel quite that hot to me. Seeing huns, quail and chukars (wild and released). No phez on course yet. Finished NW Chukar SD - HBV's Cheap Trick pulling out a victory, RU withheld. Glad for my little girl Trixie to pull one out - we'll take it!!

Midway thru Nat'l Am Chukar SD now and is in 90's. Couple nice runs on the board so got our work cut out for us this afternoon with Rich's Sadie and my Bugsy both getting their chances. Bombed out already with Scoots this morning on a pen bird disaster!! :lol: :lol: Just checked weather - calling for 94 when we're supposed to cut loose - Sadie will rock in the heat but gut check time for Bugsyboy!! :!: :?:

NW Chukar AA should start Sunday.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: NW Chukar Open SD/AA and Nat'l Am. Chukar SD

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:56 pm

Big congrats to you and Trixie Doug, thats a big win man......Thanks for the updates too
Good luck to you and Rich.

Chip

The Zephyr

Post by The Zephyr » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Doug,

Congratulations to you and Trixie. That's a terrific win.

JL
FC AFC Fieldmaster's Montauk Zephyr
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=324

Fieldmaster's Oregon Road Phosphorus
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2833

Rich Heaton

Post by Rich Heaton » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Big Congrats to Doug and Trixie,,,, thats a big open win here on the West Coast. Will qualify Trixie for the National Shooting Dog Championship. Always tough to beat 4 pieces of birdwork and a class race.

She's up 3rd brace tomorrow,,,, see if she can't run away with the National Am too.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Congrat to Trixie, Doug and Rich. Sounds like a great tean had a great day in some tough conditions.

Way to go guys.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:12 am

Just great, if you are there it is competetive.

Congratulations

Jerry
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:41 am

Thanks everyone - she just finally had the right set of circumstances/conditions/whatever to slide in there and win one of the things. She's just a consistent shorter ranging SD that usually puts up a score. Gets knocked off by dogs with the bigger engines...but they've still got to put up a score to win. :wink:

Rich's Sady put up a real good mark yesterday - was 94 when we broke her away straight up into steep chukar country. She still put it on us pretty good on the ground, 1 really cool find. Bugsy had his running shoes on for sure and thought I might challenge 'em but a little too sloppy of work on a STF and I picked him up. Trixie up this 3rd brace this morning but not sure she's got the snort to out horsepower the scores already put up. Gonna have to try and put about 5 finds on the board of every species of bird they got up there I think! :wink: :D

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Got our rear ends kicked in the Nat'l Am. Chukar SD - well actually thought we could have been in it with Rich's Sady but didn't go our way this time. Kinda cool results though with the Ledington father/daughter team taking both the Ch and RU with their nice pointers (daughter Ch, pops RUCh). Lotsa hugs and a few tears! :lol:

I'm back to work today but anxiously awaiting the results of the NW Chukar Open AA - feel like we put together a good show with Rich's Ben dog yesterday morning first thing but there were still lots of bullets to be fired. After doing a bunch of shooting dog stakes it was a blast to gear up and go run the AA dogs - holy cow, you gotta see it to believe it. It's a Nat'l Qualifier so had our game faces on trying to get Ben his second qualifier leg on that deal.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Doug,

A lot of hard work & a little good luck. Congrats with Trixie.

Mark
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

NVgsp

Post by NVgsp » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Congrats Doug!! glad to hear ol trixie ran hard. been meaning to give you a buzz when the season starts...would love to run some dogs on chukar w/ ya. talk to you soon.
Chris
Chris