Fishing Tourny!

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
B-townhunter

Fishing Tourny!

Post by B-townhunter » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:13 am

Ok I know this hasn't a dang thing to do with dogs, but most people that hunt also fish. Our forum http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums ... /index.php is going to hold a fishing contest, people form all states are welcome, the rules are on the forum, I think we got some pretty decent prizes, and the judging is all done on-line, so no worry about going anywhere special! Thanks guys! Plus we need so good dog people over there browsing the pages!

B-townhunter

Post by B-townhunter » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:42 am

Here is the link to the official rule and regulations! http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums ... .php?t=761

B-townhunter

Post by B-townhunter » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:48 pm

why you do you slam it? this has nothing to do with dog training. But I am sure you are an expert...so I will just be quite, plus I hope this site has more about dogs, this is gundogforum.com.

Setter Man

Post by Setter Man » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:56 pm

no hard feelings btownhunter, this site has dog people on it and alot of good information, no hard feelings to each there own..

B-townhunter

Post by B-townhunter » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:10 pm

well I don't know about the rest of the guys on there but, Uncle bill is a pro trainer. Most of us are amatuer trainers and just want a good hunting dog, not really worried about a trial level dog.

Setter Man

Post by Setter Man » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:29 pm

sounds like ub should be writing for the newspaper or something I question his status as a pro trainer, again only my opinion, he has probably owned a few good dogs and considers himself a pro, training a dog is an art, you either got it or you don't, enough on that btown sorry I brought it up..

Lisalongun

Post by Lisalongun » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:55 am

OK Question for you Setter Man - do you use an e-collar?

Setter Man

Post by Setter Man » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:40 pm

YES I use a collar. A collar when used properly is very effective.
I do not rely on the collar to train my dogs or customer dogs unless it is a problem situation. Most of the time when I go to get the collar the batteries are dead from non usage anyway. Haven't found a dog that can outrun my horse anyway!!!!! At least on flat wide open spaces :shock: :D :D