IL Residents

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
Ayres
GDF Junkie

IL Residents

Post by Ayres » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:51 pm

Any resident of Illinois who is going to attend the last few spring hunt tests here in Illinois needs to remember to get a new hunting license. Our licenses expired March 31 and it having one is now required for IL residents who are testing in IL.

https://www1.wildlifelicense.com/il/

You can get your hunting license, fishing license, sportsman combo, whatever you want at the link above. It's the IL DNR's license purchase website.

The coolest thing about doing it this way is that you can print out multiple copies to keep. Like, one in the tackle box, one in your hunting vest, one in your wallet, one in your glovebox, etc.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

rschuster54303`

Post by rschuster54303` » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:35 am

Ayres,

Are out of state people required to purchase a license to trial in IL?

Rob

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:46 am

No they aren't

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:54 pm

And only if the hunt test is for senior hunter and above (correct me if I am wrong).

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:01 pm

I'm pretty sure it's all levels. I can see where the SH/MH idea comes to mind, because those are the only levels where birds are killed, but game is pursued at all levels.

This really puts a cramp in being able to get kids involved. My training partner took their son one time and let him guide a master dog through a junior hunter course to get him excited about doing hunt tests. He and the dog passed. Now he wouldn't be able to do that because he has to pass the hunter safety course and get a license. His parents think he's too young to take the course or to actually go hunting with a real gun (he's only in 2nd grade) so he'll have to wait before he can run another dog in JH.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

rschuster54303`

Post by rschuster54303` » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:56 pm

Sorry aryes but I have never much liked IL. being north of you and all, (Its a real pain traveling south) but I must say that this new law is a rather bad idea. You FIB's really need to take care of your goverenment officials. Cement shoes come to mind..... :lol:

Regards,

Rob

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:48 pm

Aryes, If the lad is too young to need a licens e he doesn't need one I believe. The law just says that IL residents need a license to be in the field with the dogs just the same as if they are hunting. Check it out, because I don't think there was any attempt to make people buy a license if they dont need one anyway. And non-residents were exempt also.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

pear

Post by pear » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:58 pm

Can't speak for IL or any other state, but the two I dwell (WV/OH) in, but in all states I have hunted in, when a youth is exempt from a hunting license, it is with the accompaniment of a licensed hunter. Not sure how this would effect a HT, or if anybody there could act as a licensed hunter, that was willing to take that responsibility. ..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:29 pm

Interesting thought. I believe a youth doesn't need a fishing license until age 16, but what about a hunting license? I've seen kids as young as 2nd and 3rd grade taking the Hunter Education course and was under the impression that there was no minimum age under which a hunting license was not required. If there is an age, like the fishing licenses, then that does make quite a difference.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:05 pm

Youths under the age of 16 need ahunting license regardless of age, they can only get the hunting license with proof of attending and passing a hunters safety course (waste of time in my opinion but that's a much different topic).

Fishing licenses are only needed for those over the age of 16, (unless they have changed it since last year and I failed to notice)!

As for the cement shoes on the Governor Blow-whole.......... I have buddies who are excellent concrete finishers who would be more than happy to help me put a nice clean smooth finish on them!

AK GSP

Post by AK GSP » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:31 pm

Children under the age of 16 do not need their own license in IL IF they are accompanied by someone over the age of 18 that has a legal hunting license, I believe. It has been over 2 years since we have lived in IL, but my son received his hunter safety card at the age of 9. Which meant that he could hunt by himself if he chose to. He never did, but he could have. It was explained to me then that he did not need to have his own hunting license as long as he was in the company of an adult with a hunting license. My daughter went through the safety course at 7, but did not obtain a card b/c she was too young. The age limit (then) was 9 to obtain the card, but anyone could take the course.

If it helps, please feel free to call Mr. Terry Mustard at the DNR office in Springfield, IL. The phone number is (217) 785-3423. Mr. Mustard governs the dog trial and the game preserves in IL. We used to co-own a game preserve and he was the man that we had to deal with when we were dealing with the trials and the hunting licenses. Or you can go to the website and it will tell you all the information that you will need on non-resident and resident licensing for the dog-hunting trials. That site is http://dnr.state.il.us and go to the site index and it will direct you in the right direction.

Just wanted to give as much information as possible. I know that when we were there and co-owned the preserve, you did not need a license to actually hunt, run in dog-hunting trials or anything as long as you were on a licensed game preserve. Just because the game preserves have different rules than any other hunting area. Hope this helps.
Melissa

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:21 am

rschuster54303` wrote: . You FIB's really need to take care of your goverenment officials. Cement shoes come to mind..... :lol:

Regards,

Rob
Wha the heck is an "FIB"?

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:53 am

AK GSP wrote:I know that when we were there and co-owned the preserve, you did not need a license to actually hunt, run in dog-hunting trials or anything as long as you were on a licensed game preserve. Just because the game preserves have different rules than any other hunting area. Hope this helps.
Melissa
That changed in 2003, with the addition of the last sentence of the statute.
Illinois Wildlife Code wrote:520 ILCS 5/3.30
Game birds may be taken upon a Class A game breeding and hunting preserve area only during the period from September 1st to April 15th of each year, both dates inclusive. Game birds may be taken upon a Class B game breeding and hunting preserve area all year.

Before any person shall take or attempt to take game birds upon such licensed game breeding and hunting preserve areas, he shall first secure a hunting license in accordance with this Act.
As for license requirements, a person under the age of 16 does indeed need to have a hunting license. A person under the age of 16 does not need to have a FOID card if that person is accompanied by another person aged 21 or over who does possess a valid FOID card.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:59 pm

Birdhunter1 wrote:
Wha the heck is an "FIB"?
A FIB is a (fornicatinging) Illinois (son of an unwed mother)

Hope I edited that well enough!

BTW, my son needed to get a hunting license to hunt last season, & he needed his hunter safety cert before getting that.
Today is his 16th, so now he needs a fishing license, too.

HUTCH

Post by HUTCH » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:03 pm

rschuster54303` wrote:Sorry aryes but I have never much liked IL. being north of you and all, (Its a real pain traveling south) but I must say that this new law is a rather bad idea. You FIB's really need to take care of your goverenment officials. Cement shoes come to mind..... :lol:

Regards,

Rob
Tell me about it. all the rules Illinois has makes it very hard to do anything. I cant even train my dogs until the training season opens. I will be moving soon.

Brandon