that new pup

Sharon
GDF Junkie

that new pup

Post by Sharon » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:39 am

We have an " Ontario Out of Doors " magazine that is always excellent. Thought this article posted yesterday might be helpful to new pup owners. "Training the dog is easier than training the handler. " :)

https://oodmag.com/category/hunting/
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

mask

Re: that new pup

Post by mask » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:00 am

Good article especially number 10. Thanks for posting.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:09 pm

Sharon wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:39 am
We have an " Ontario Out of Doors " magazine that is always excellent. Thought this article posted yesterday might be helpful to new pup owners. Training the dog is easier than training the handler. :)

https://oodmag.com/category/hunting/
Training the dog is easier than training the handler! Boy is that an understatement! :-)
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:53 pm

I have a friend who is CLUELESS about training and is at the same time blessed with a pair of golden retrievers. I'll grant that that breed can be energetic and overly friendly and thus difficult to make house mellow but he talks to them in full sentences while they ignore him and would do so even if they did have a clue about the request.

A friend and I visited this past winter and the dogs were so up our butts the entire time while ignoring his pleading that he finally ended up sitting on the floor with a finger under each collar while we talked!