Pairing multiple Garmin handhelds to collars

Chemist

Pairing multiple Garmin handhelds to collars

Post by Chemist » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:18 pm

I have a friend that I hunt with 15 to 20 times a year with. I run a Garmin alpha 100 with tt15 collars. In the Garmin manual it is clear that if he bought a astronauts 430, or an alpha handheld we could pair the handhelds and track one another. In my reading of the manual it sounds like he could pair to my collars as well. It doesn't explicitly state that this would not interfere with me tracking the dogs. Has anyone tried pairing two handhelds to a single collar? How well did it work?

There have been numerous instances where my dog goes on point closer to him than me and he is unaware. Or we work opposite sides of thick brush and the dog points on his side, or I try to verbally indicate a point to him and the birds flush out of range because of it. It would be nice if we both got point alerts.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Re: Pairing multiple Garmin handhelds to collars

Post by gonehuntin' » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:26 pm

Yes, you definitely can do that. I have done it while hunting with friends. You simply treat HIS collars like they were yours and add them to your transmitters with his dog's names. Same as you would yours. He does exactly the same. Then when you're done hunting, delete his dog's if you won't be hunting together anymore. Easy.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

Chemist

Post by Chemist » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:49 pm

Perfect. That is the way I was interpreting the manual but I wanted to make sure before he spent the money. Thank you.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:57 am

Just make sure you correct YOUR dog and not your friends or a heck of a battle may develop! :lol: :lol:
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.