VIDEO: 7 Month Old Braque Francais Joins the Pack

Higgins

VIDEO: 7 Month Old Braque Francais Joins the Pack

Post by Higgins » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:50 pm

https://youtu.be/QWeytMbq6PQ

Last week an owner brought his young pup out to begin their training. They were here for three days.

Day one we covered bird introduction, handling, gun introduction, recall, bird management and carrying and sharing prey with the pack. I also worked with the owner on his handling as he learned his responsibilities with this unique, natural style of team hunting.

Day two began with the owner handling the checkcord as we showed the pup a new strategy that steadiness, not chasing, leads to success (a bird in his mouth). He also learned that if he was steady both before and after the flush, he would be encouraged to do a flush/stop on my cue (a verbal all right). No obedience, commands or e-collars are needed.

The last portion of this video was filmed during the third and final day of training. The owner filmed the action while I handled the dog. Now that he understands that steadiness leads to success, I'm putting the chase back in with my "hunt dead" cue. As you can see, he is ready to go out, get the prey and bring it to share. Later in the day, we began including the owner as the handler.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: VIDEO: 7 Month Old Braque Francais Joins the Pack

Post by Sharon » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:42 pm

Enjoyed the video. Compared to where I live (Ontario) that terrain in NV is really bleak - but then again we don't have any wild chukar. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

weimdogman

Re: VIDEO: 7 Month Old Braque Francais Joins the Pack

Post by weimdogman » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:14 pm

Always enjoy your videos.