Classical Conditioning

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Classical Conditioning

Post by polmaise » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:23 pm

'Goose' and 'Buck' don't know their names. I've never said it to them, but folks around the yard and when they meet folks I'm sure they hear the humans saying their names .
I have a radio on in the kennels 24/7 ,it's tuned into 'Talk sport channel' , because all they do is 'Talk sport' , no music.
These new pups of my own at 12 and 15 weeks respectively have never had a collar or lead around their neck in their lives. 3 times a day at Chow time ,I have been repeatedly blowing the re-call whistle Only when they are actually scoffing the Chow. When the bowl is licked clean and often a regular occurrence ,the bowl ends up on the pups head like a German helmet , I stop the whistle.
Daily fun game has been 'Hide and Seek' . Having one or even two pups lost and disoriented in cover is relatively easy to do ,when they are more interested in each other or where a butterfly landed a week ago . The 'Panic' when they don't see you is the game for me. I let them panic a bit and get lost a bit more before the 're-call' whistle and more importantly stay out of sight and downwind .
Fun game.
We can do all that obedience stuff like sit and stay and heel later ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dwcsVM-17s

Idylwyld

Re: Classical Conditioning

Post by Idylwyld » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:54 pm

polmaise wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:23 pm

I have a radio on in the kennels 24/7 ,it's tuned into 'Talk sport channel'
I leave a radio on next to my pens. Have done it for years, it started when a fox was coming around late at night. This Drove dogs nuts at 2AM barking. A radio stopped that and keeps the occasional skunk away also. I have left it on ever since.
I think the dogs like to hear it.