Pigeon Questions

BlessedGirl

Pigeon Questions

Post by BlessedGirl » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:44 pm

Hey gundoggers,
Got some pigeon questions and will shortly have some on the loft topic as well. Right now I'm wondering if White King Utility pigeons work for dog training. Got someone who may trade me some of those for one of my bottle calves I need to get rid of, and would like some advice. Do any of you have king utility pigeons? Do they fly well enough and can they be homed to a pigeon loft? Thanks!

mask

Re: Pigeon Questions

Post by mask » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:31 pm

yes. You might want to get a ton of pigeons for a calf though :)

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:48 pm

Yep, I get you! Calf isn't too high priced, it's a cross-bred bull calf. I'd like to trade him for around twelve pigeons. More if I can, but they're usually at least ten bucks each around here. This guy has only one pair of the King Utility birds though and I guess he sells them for a pretty high price, so is it still worth it? :? I also have the option of getting some Birmingham rollers (I think that's what they are) for a better price, $10 each and local, if they're still available on Craigslist... Would that be a better choice?

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:17 pm

They will all work for dog training, feral birds work well and you don’t tend to fall in love with any of the “special ones”. The best would be birds from racing stock, because they are strong fliers and will home from a good distance if worked regularly. Helps if you need to drive to training grounds.

The only drawback to white birds, is they seem to fall prey to the hawks and falcons more than darker birds.

Getting a loft together with some good flying homers and having them beat you home is a good time.

Garrison

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:20 am

I would probably trade you 25 or 30 pigeons for a calf.......Cj

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:30 am

If you get pigeons, get young ones that haven't flown out of the loft--that way they will think of your loft as home and return there. If you get adult birds they will home to the other guys loft if you fly them--then you won't have the calf or the pigeons :roll: If you do get adults, keep them penned up and just use them to make babies who will home to your loft. Good luck with your new pigeons :D

oregon woodsmoke

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:28 am

Kings are meat birds and not strong flyers.

For dog training, you need homing pigeons. You can get reject racing pigeons for not much money. They aren't fast enough to race, but they will home.... to their original coop. You will either be getting breeding stock or else young "squeakers" with their first feathers that will bond to your own coop.

There is a facebook page for people breeding pigeons for dog training.
Last edited by oregon woodsmoke on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

oregon woodsmoke

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:29 am

Have you checked craigslist? Around here the "wedding white dove" people have been out of work and are selling white homing pigeons cheap.

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:02 pm

cjhills wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:20 am
I wish, Cj... But I'm not in your area, unfortunately.
oregon woodsmoke wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:29 am
Have you checked craigslist? Around here the "wedding white dove" people have been out of work and are selling white homing pigeons cheap.
Yeah, that's where I've been checking. I'm further west and there aren't any of those in my area. Some rollers right in my area but the person hasn't texted me so they must not want to sell that bad. :( My county must not be a pigeon hotspot so I might have to travel a little ways.

I want to put them in a chicken tractor for now and possibly move them to the barn loft once it's finished. Might take a while... If they are homed to the chicken tractor will they be able to re-home to the barn? It's on the same property.

Also, would it be better to have the pigeons in a different place than the dog so she's not bored of them by the time she sees them out in the field? Not sure if that would be a problem, but if so I could house them at the farm a few minutes away. It would be more convenient to have them here though, especially since I'll probably do a lot of my training right here in the field.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:09 pm

Personally I wouldn't buy rollers for bird dog training. They fly up high, roll over and down pretty near to where they went up.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:13 pm

Thanks for the tip, Sharon. I personally know hardly anything about pigeons so any breed recommendations are helpful. Never thought I'd be a pigeon farmer when I got into this! :lol:

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:23 am

BlessedGirl wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:02 pm
cjhills wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:20 am
I wish, Cj... But I'm not in your area, unfortunately.
oregon woodsmoke wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:29 am
Yeah, that's where I've been checking. I'm further west and there aren't any of those in my area. Some rollers right in my area but the person hasn't texted me so they must not want to sell that bad. :( My county must not be a pigeon hotspot so I might have to travel a little ways.

I want to put them in a chicken tractor for now and possibly move them to the barn loft once it's finished. Might take a while... If they are homed to the chicken tractor will they be able to re-home to the barn? It's on the same property.

Also, would it be better to have the pigeons in a different place than the dog so she's not bored of them by the time she sees them out in the field? Not sure if that would be a problem, but if so I could house them at the farm a few minutes away. It would be more convenient to have them here though, especially since I'll probably do a lot of my training right here in the field.
Yeah, I kind of figured that.
I have way more homers than I need right now. The training season is winding down here as bird seasons start. I either face a winter with 50 to 70 pigeons or get rid of some. Feed prices are crazy right now.
You would not really need homers to train at home any feral pigeons would fly back to their loft.
The dogs don't have a problem with the pigeons being around in their yard. They will sight point them all day. They do chase them and occasionally catch one, which they bring to me relatively unharmed. It does not affect there training on the same birds in the field.
As far as a loft goes, don't over think it. Any small building ( 6x8 or 8x8) will keep 20 to 30 pigeons. A small aviary on the side, small door (12x12) with bobs, a way to close it, the door that can also serve as a landing board, some sort of nests boxes about 12" deep and 16x16 wide and high.
Pigeons are not really ground birds.they spend most of their time flying, in the loft or on the roof........Cj

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:29 am

Quail may be a better option for training , and anyway I like their eggs better.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:05 pm

Never ate the eggs from either one. Quail are very good to eat. So you can eat them after training, if the dog does not maul them too much. Here They are expensive, die easy and generally are one and done unless you have a johny house that works. Might be a good option where the OP lives. I want the calf the price of a decent steak is crazy. Pigeons are cheap to buy and easy to raise,tough and last forever..........Cj

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:32 pm

Delicious is the poultry for sure ,you need a couple as an entrée
The dogs that mulch are usually not ready and should be housed to the yard for training as an aperitif' .
The Quail egg is a fantastic by-product of a well kept house.
The fascination of Flush and stop without the fly away for ever' and multiple point's ..and even moving on the ground is wondrous to a young dog in training ..especially Hunt and flush breeds (Spaniel/HPR) 'intent' , to shoot over . Disastrous for a young dog that doesn't or hasn't learned whoa or stop to flush with shot or whistle even ?
Pigeons are also good training aids , Messy and costly in comparison and they tend not to stay on the ground (as someone said ) so a one flush wonder and less predictable and more time consuming to keep (imo) ..Mind You ...Hens in the yard are a good start and every one loves them eggs whether scrambled,poached,sunny side up or over easy , or just for baking stuff , just not for a pup or young dog chasing! It tends to put them off the lay :wink:

oregon woodsmoke

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:51 am

A good pair of Kings, young, healthy, and mated are worth about $10 each. Unless you are buying show birds, and you have no use for show birds. Kings are for raising squabs. They are extra big and are not strong flyers. They are not what you want for training dogs; they are what you raise if you want a steady supply of squabs on your dinner table.

I would think that calf would be worth $200-$300. That's a lot of pigeons.

Try the farm section of Craigslist and do a search for pigeons. Also it is most likely that someone near you sells feral pigeons. You can buy them frozen and use them slightly thawed with a bird launcher. You don't have to raise live birds and own a loft.

If you would give some sort of vague idea of where you are located, we could maybe be of more help about where to get pigeons.

Or open up Facebook, and type into the search button "Raising Pigeons For Dog training". Someone there will know who has pigeons in your area. Sell the calf, buy pigeons, and use the left over money to buy dog food and a new winter jacket for yourself.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:37 am

oregon woodsmoke wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:28 am
Kings are meat birds and not strong flyers.

For dog training, you need homing pigeons. You can get reject racing pigeons for not much money. They aren't fast enough to race, but they will home.... to their original coop. You will either be getting breeding stock or else young "squeakers" with their first feathers that will bond to your own coop.

There is a facebook page for people breeding pigeons for dog training.
Think I heard that before. Something else I've heard is white birds get targeted by hawks, may or may not be true but I never felt inclined to find out. Another thing about kings is they are supposed to be big birds, sounds like a bit more than a handful to me making then hard to work with. My favorite pigeon it the wild feral. Smaller bird and easy to hold, wilder bird, never had one come out of a trap and land next to it. They come out and get out of Dodge! If they do land somewhere it's a tree, phone pole ect. I think the biggest calling for homer's is the idea ferals won't home. Nothing could be farther from the truth. My old training ground's, two, were 40 mi away and 18 mi away. My birds always made it home!. Homer's do do a pretty good job but their strong point is coming home from a lot farther and faster than ferals. My homer's I've never flown more than 40 mi, why would I need homer's for that? Homer's are a bit bigger bird and in older and bit smaller trap years ago, set the out in the summer and had them die in the trap, tamer than ferals and now and then I have them come out of the trap and sit right back down on the trap near the dog. Great for a finished dog, pretty hard on a young dog. And for me their size makes them a handful. Have quite a time holding onto some of them. Are they useful to train with? Certainly but cost goes up some. You can catch ferals generally for free. Homers will run up to about $7+ depending on who is selling. Want to know which one to get? I'd get ferals and only pick up homer's if I found a good deal. But the best for you is going to be get both and try them and see which ones you like. Flying pigeons has become a hobby itself for me.

Advantage to getting homer's is getting squeakers. Young birds that have never been flown. really easy to get to re-enter the loft as they learn to leave it. With ferals you can also get squeakers and get the same results but you'll probably have to catch them yourself. Reason being not o lot of people raise ferals thinking homer's will home better, not true unless your training grounds are a long long way off. I started out using ferals over 30yrs ago. Didn't know where to get hoimers and probably couldn't have afforded them in the first place. So found barns with pigeons in them and went in after dark and caught them. If you can get close in the dark with a flash light, you can pick them up like picking cherries off a tree! Best part is they are free! You can also find them in underpass's after dark but, sometime's more light than you want and usually you'll have to have a long handle net to catch them with. Mine is a large smelt net with two very long handle's. Don't know for sure how long, never measured them.

Something to keep in mind is you don't need near as many as you might think. Take them home and lock them up and do not let them out till they are on nest's. usually the birds on the nest will come back in at least till their young are up and going and by then they often have another nest going and you have them. Their young will grow and the pink band over their nose will turn white and they will wonder in and out if you let them, you'll have them till they die! In fact, you'll find if you don't sell birds off now and them you'll have to shoot them to keep from being over run! I got 6 homer's at first to try out. End of the first year I had 20 something of them. All from older birds I kept penned till they got on nest's. End of the second year I had close to 80 birds that included the original six! Had to start selling birds! In my opinion the number one bird to train dog's with is Pigeons, hands down. You cand do with homer's what you can do with ferals, but they cost more and are a bit harder to handle and not as wild. They will often come home faster though if that's important!

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:39 pm

Great info. Anyway, the calf buyer fell through and looks like I'll keep the calf for steak anyway, Cj. He was only $125 - a tad more in the summer, but in the fall bottle calves don't sell so well. Good thing sale fell through because those birds were show birds and kinda spendy. Sounds like they weren't what I needed.

Oregon Woodsmoke, I'm in southwest Washington. Also have no social media and not on Facebook, lol. I looked up the page but don't have an account, so that option is kinda out. Thanks for the reference anyway. I don't usually see much for feral pigeons around here. I'm not in the city... they probably don't spend a lot of time out here in the country. My bro went pigeon hunting with his BB gun at the auction barn when he was little :lol: ... But that was several hours away in Oregon and we don't make it to the sale barn much anymore.

I'm planning to do most of my training with pigeons here or at the farm a couple miles away, so either ferals or homers would work for me. I like the idea of butchering my extras though, so maybe homers...? But I'll be thankful for any I can get my hands on. Out on the farm we also have wild Mourning doves. I'll probably work my pup on those at some point.

Do you guys find launchers necessary for dog training? I like the idea but I saw the price and kinda croaked. Is it worth the investment, and how many does a person need?

Don, sounds like you're all set pigeon-wise! Thanks for the tips.:D I think I'll stay away from the kings unless I get a steal.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:01 pm

A launcher will make the training experience much more successful in my opinion. However, I trained most years without a launcher. You dizzy the pigeon, tuck its head under its wing and plant it in the grass. Things can go wrong. If you dizzy the bird too much , it will stay in the grass and the dog will pounce on it and catch it- bad idea . If you don't dizzy it enough , the bird will fly off before the dog even finds it. Launcher gives you complete control. You may be able to buy a used one.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:02 am

You don't need a launcher but they make it a lot easier. Trick with the launcher is making the bird in it act wild. Pigeons in one are great. Pen raised birds have some faults. First is unless they come out of a really good flight pen they often won't fly far. If you keep them in a really good flight pen, they generally fly fine. Birds that don't fly off well can be a problem. Pop the bird and dog goes with it but the bird doesn't fly far the dog will catch it on the ground. Then what your teaching is for the dog to chase because it now knows it can catch the birds off the ground. But training on a check cord pen raised birds will work fine. In that case you don't control the bird, you control the dog! With the traps you teach the dog how to get what it wants and without how to do what you want, I'd take the traps every time. If your in SW Washington I might be able to help you with a few birds. Have 23 unflown birds right now. Friend is going to get some to start a loft of his own and I could spare a few more if you want them. generally get $7 for them but just give you 5 or 6 if you want to come get them. About 60mi south of Biggs jct. They are a mix of ferals and homer's.

Something to think about with pigeon's. Dogs don't have a clue the difference between pigeons and game birds when they are young. But if you train with a check cord rather than traps you run the risk of teaching the dog it's a training bird. That happens and some dog's will hit a pigeon and realize what it is and leave it! I have read of a lot of people that have had that happen to them. At that point it can be turned around but then it will require traps! If you go without traps, tucking the birds head will keep the bird where you put it but lay it down and put some cover over it. IMO dizzying the birds works better. Hold the birt upside down and start swinging it's head. The neck will start looking rubber and at that point spin the bird at arms length a couple three time and throw it into cover. That bird generally will stay there long enough for you to get a dog out there. When you get back with the dog the bird should be up and walking around and will flush easier. With the tucked head you will have to move the bird with your foot till it's head is out from under the wing. At the same time either you or someone else must control the dog. Each way of training the dog will probably work, depends on what you find easiest to do. My first dogs were trained with tucked wing birds and on check cord. Then I went to dizzyed birds when I found out about that. Then Wag Ag came out with the remote launcher. Got a set and never looked back. But learn to use them to make the bird act wild, very important to me. If you don't, they will be little more that an extra set of hands and then you risk teaching the dog that pigeons are training birds.

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:02 pm

DonF wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:02 am
If your in SW Washington I might be able to help you with a few birds. Have 23 unflown birds right now. Friend is going to get some to start a loft of his own and I could spare a few more if you want them. generally get $7 for them but just give you 5 or 6 if you want to come get them. About 60mi south of Biggs jct. They are a mix of ferals and homer's.
Wow, thanks for the offer! Oh, you're right down there by Madras. :) Looks like I'm about 3 hours from you. I'll see what I can find closer, but if I can't get anything I'll PM you. So far nobody on Craigslist has responded to me so I just might need them. I'd love to see your setters... :D

Sounds like I might need launchers then. Seems like it'd be kinda hard to plant birds and train successfully without them...

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:36 am

BG,

You need to find some time and take DonF up on his very generous offer. Not just for the pigeons, but more importantly to learn how to use them. Don has finished a lot of really good looking hunting dogs and has a history of being extremely generous in helping folks who are new to bird dogs learn how to use a launcher and a pigeon. It’s an art, you would be nuts not to take a weekend drive.

Garrison

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:02 pm

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:04 pm

Thanks for your encouragement, it was just what I needed. :)

DonF, I tried to PM you but having issues getting it to send. I emailed you so hope you got it!

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:14 am

BG -

Couple of things on pigeons, if I may.

As far as using pigeons, Rick Hall had an awesome solution to the problem of pigeons flying away when planted on the ground. He took a baby sock that had a long string tied to it andput the sock over the pigeon's head just prior to planting it. As dog approaches,, pull the sock off and the bird is aake alert and ready to bail out.
In his book, Training Pointing Dogs, Paul Long described a device for planting birds. It consisted of a piece of plywood with a pair of runners (One inch, I think)on the bottom. The center of the plywood was cut out and a "bonnet" of harware cloth or something takced over the hole. The bird is put under the "sled" nd when the dog approaches or goes on point the handler pulla a long attached cord, slides the sled over the bird, whcih "launches" the bird. I made one and it works.
I also have a couple of wire boxes that can hold one or two quail that ican hide in cover. When the dog points, I can slip a bird out of my carry pouch and let it fly.

I strongly recommend you lean toward feral pigeons if you can. They are generally FAR healthier and disease resistant than domestic birds. The weak ones die off. I caught a bunch to train with,when I lived in NJ and gave some to a friend who had lost all his birds to predators and disease. He kept those birds and their progeny for a number of years with zero losses to disease and , according to him, he never medicated them.

I currently have an arrangement with a local Amish farmer. He has a small chicken coop where his feral birds come and go. he feeds them so they come back and nest and such. I buy birds and when I release them in training, most of them fly back to his farm which is about ten miles away. No maintenance on my part and the birds are always ready to fly.

RayG

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:40 am

Now those are great ideas!! Wish I'd read that 20 years ago. :)

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:08 am

BlessedGirl wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:02 pm
DonF wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:02 am
If your in SW Washington I might be able to help you with a few birds. Have 23 unflown birds right now. Friend is going to get some to start a loft of his own and I could spare a few more if you want them. generally get $7 for them but just give you 5 or 6 if you want to come get them. About 60mi south of Biggs jct. They are a mix of ferals and homer's.
Wow, thanks for the offer! Oh, you're right down there by Madras. :) Looks like I'm about 3 hours from you. I'll see what I can find closer, but if I can't get anything I'll PM you. So far nobody on Craigslist has responded to me so I just might need them. I'd love to see your setters... :D

Sounds like I might need launchers then. Seems like it'd be kinda hard to plant birds and train successfully without them...
Launchers are great for the ability to control when the bird pops. It really puts the control in your hands.

Also, if you're not great at dizzying birds the correct amount (which I am not), they make life a lot easier.

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:59 am

Having no experience dizzying birds, so far launchers seem to be my best option.
RayG, I do have that book by Paul Long. Who knows, maybe I'll give that "launcher" a shot sometime and see how it works. My pup has been stalking, pointing and chasing sparrows, etc., a lot lately. Can't wait to see what she'll do on the pigeons, especially after training. :)

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:52 pm

" Rainey is now nearly ten months old." quote

Time for serious pigeon work NOW. The longer you wait the more likely Rainey will continue to hesitant point and chase and it will be MUCH harder to break him of that.

I don't know your situation, but consider hiring a pro to get Rainey going if you don't have the time.

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Sharon wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:52 pm
" Rainey is now nearly ten months old." quote

Time for serious pigeon work NOW. The longer you wait the more likely Rainey will continue to hesitant point and chase and it will be MUCH harder to break him of that.

I don't know your situation, but consider hiring a pro to get Rainey going if you don't have the time.
Sorry, about the confusion Sharon! I guess I should be more clear when I talk about my dogs. I have two. Rainey is my Aussie cattle dog cross (1 year old) and Indy is my Irish Setter (5 1/2 months old). Indy is the one I'm training for bird work.:) Great point tho.
"Heaven isn't for good people. Heaven is for forgiven people."

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:56 pm

Sorry I got the names confused.

RyanDoolittle

Post by RyanDoolittle » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:08 am

Garrison wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:17 pm
They will all work for dog training, feral birds work well and you don’t tend to fall in love with any of the “special ones”. The best would be birds from racing stock, because they are strong fliers and will home from a good distance if worked regularly. Helps if you need to drive to training grounds.

The only drawback to white birds, is they seem to fall prey to the hawks and falcons more than darker birds.

Getting a loft together with some good flying homers and having them beat you home is a good time.

Garrison
If you fly a blue flock with a couple white birds, the white birds will get picked off.

If you fly a white flock with a couple blue birds, the blue birds will get picked off.

It's the odd colors that get picked off.

RyanDoolittle

Post by RyanDoolittle » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:14 am

I bet Dan Hoke in Spokane would sell you some training birds.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:42 am

Blessed girl:
If You can train the Aussie to be Mh level pointing dog, you can call yourself a dog trainer.........Cj

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:44 pm

RyanDoolittle wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:14 am
Thanks for the suggestion, Ryan. I actually went down to DonF's area to get some from him so I don't need any more right now.
cjhills wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:42 am
Blessed girl:
If You can train the Aussie to be Mh level pointing dog, you can call yourself a dog trainer.........Cj
Wow, Cj! that's a cool idea! I was thinking of training her just to where she could hold a point, that way I could teach my setter to honor a dog on point. I don't know anyone else in my area with a pointing dog and I don't have another one now so that was an idea. But maybe I'll take your advice someday :P to prove myself to myself. :lol:

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:28 pm

BlessedGirl wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:44 pm
RyanDoolittle wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:14 am
Thanks for the suggestion, Ryan. I actually went down to DonF's area to get some from him so I don't need any more right now.
cjhills wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:42 am
Blessed girl:
Wow, Cj! that's a cool idea! I was thinking of training her just to where she could hold a point, that way I could teach my setter to honor a dog on point. I don't know anyone else in my area with a pointing dog and I don't have another one now so that was an idea. But maybe I'll take your advice someday :P to prove myself to myself. :lol:
Well blessed girl came down and got some pigeons. Have to saw she got her dog out and I was stunned! Red Setter pup looked just like my Sis in fact also came from the same kennel!. The kennel has moved to Colorado as the owner retired and I think it's his son took it over.

This is blessed girl and her dog. Very nice young lady came down with her brother.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:44 pm

Awesome! Love that you are always willing to help Don. Good looking pup.

Garrison
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:37 pm

Yes, Don is very generous! I will always remember that. It was nice to be able to go down to his place and meet him and his dogs. He has some awesome dogs. Here's his Stormy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.