~ K9 CHAOS ~ Unleashing The Joy

Irishwhistler

~ K9 CHAOS ~ Unleashing The Joy

Post by Irishwhistler » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:02 am

DSC04850_Fotor.jpg
K9 Chaos ~

Aye Mates,

As ye might have gathered, I typically run a tight ship with regards to me gun dogs MAC and TRAD in order to maintain the high degree of obedience as is a requisite for competition retrievers. Every now and then I like to let them just be dogs. Well, boys will be boys and that usually turns into a session o' “K9 CHAOS” as the aptly titled image above documents . Poor TRAD has that look in his eye as if to say, “OH NO, NOT THIS PEST AGAIN”!

This image was shot after a very productive morning o' retriever training that included work on casting drills, multiple marked retrieves, and blind retrieves on land, that followed by angle entries to the water that were deliberately set up to tempt the dogs to cheat land upon return. As expected, no attempts at cheating noted for highly experienced TRAD, MAC however made one attempt that was quickly corrected and that was his sole error in that regard.

So given what was an overall excellent morning spent training, I allowed the lads to romp a wee bit just to relieve some o’ that pent up Labrador joy just waiting to gush forth. As ye can see, the father and son duo had a blast. The competent trainer realizes the importance o' maintaining a balance betwixt the demand for technical excellence and the encouragement of high level motivation.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Featherfinder

Re: ~ K9 CHAOS ~ Unleashing The Joy

Post by Featherfinder » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:40 am

SO true Sir! Man, what great pics!!

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:42 am

Featherfinder wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:40 am
SO true Sir! Man, what great pics!!
Thank ye much Mate.👍

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:49 am

Mike,I think anyone who has owned an older Lab, or any other dog, and then gotten a puppy has seen that look of "Oh boy, what a pest" Or the look in the older dogs eyes and and their actions when the pup gets into something it shouldn't have. It's kind of like "You have no idea what you have just done and whats going to happen now". And then they go find a place to hide before the wrath of God comes. Stay safe.

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:21 am

fishvik wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:49 am
Mike,I think anyone who has owned an older Lab, or any other dog, and then gotten a puppy has seen that look of "Oh boy, what a pest" Or the look in the older dogs eyes and and their actions when the pup gets into something it shouldn't have. It's kind of like "You have no idea what you have just done and whats going to happen now". And then they go find a place to hide before the wrath of God comes. Stay safe.
Aye Mate,
ROGER THAT. My two are father and son, Right grand companions they are to one another. Both are intact males and get along very well. Me tinks that MAC keeps TRAD young and in shape.

Stay safe as well Mate. We'll get through this storm.

Mikey ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸