Welcome good news

RatDog

Welcome good news

Post by RatDog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:21 pm

Seems like I’ve only gotten bad news as of late. Turkey season is pretty much screwed, almost certainly getting laid off because the world is awash in oil it doesn’t need at the moment, kids probably not going back to school at all this year and now starting to drive my wife crazy, etc. Thank god for the dog! I’m pretty excited, trainer said live bird intro went really well. Tubbs “flash pointed” two birds on scent alone. Looks like his nose works and he’s got some instinct. Appears the building blocks are there to make a bird dog!

What is a “ flash point”? He didn’t hold it? Which would be expected at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RatDog

Re: Welcome good news

Post by RatDog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:21 pm

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202003 ... 3fa7cb.jpg[/IMG]

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:22 pm

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202003 ... 0dfcc6.jpg[/IMG]

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:24 pm

https://youtu.be/iU97sNpG9Qk

averageguy

Post by averageguy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:52 pm

Pretty Pup!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:00 pm

RatDog wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:21 pm
Seems like I’ve only gotten bad news as of late. Turkey season is pretty much screwed, almost certainly getting laid off because the world is awash in oil it doesn’t need at the moment, kids probably not going back to school at all this year and now starting to drive my wife crazy, etc. Thank god for the dog! I’m pretty excited, trainer said live bird intro went really well. Tubbs “flash pointed” two birds on scent alone. Looks like his nose works and he’s got some instinct. Appears the building blocks are there to make a bird dog!

What is a “ flash point”? He didn’t hold it? Which would be expected at this point

I feel the same way, "Thank God for a dog I can take to the woods." No one else there.

Flash point is a quick hesitation. Normally when the dog reaches that point I don't allow any more bird chasing .

See the thread "strange behaviour on point" for some excellent advice.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:02 pm

averageguy wrote:Pretty Pup!
Thanks man! Likewise. I’ve enjoyed seeing what you’ve got going on with yours. I respect your effort and the thoughtful way you’ve been going about it. I’m jealous because I just don’t have the time to do it myself but I’d like to. Silver lining I guess, if I’m on hiatus from work more time to work with the pup.

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:03 pm

Sharon wrote:
RatDog wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:21 pm

I feel the same way, "Thank God for a dog I can take to the woods." No one else there.

Flash point is a quick hesitation. Normally when the dog reaches that point I don't allow any more bird chasing .
Ok cool! Thanks Sharon