Behavoir Change During Force Fetch

FoxRed

Behavoir Change During Force Fetch

Post by FoxRed » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:06 am

I am currently FF'ing my 15 month pointing lab (she's a lab who points and loves to hunt, lets leave it at that). FF is going great and our overall training tempo has increased a bit. There has not been resistance and she seems overall happy to be training more. The weird thing is last night as we are watching tv on the couch she casually walks over and starts trying to hump me. I quickly pick her up and put her on her back for a minutes. No resistance and she went goes back and lays on the couch. 5 minutes later she is laying on the couch and casually gets up, walks over and tries humping me again. I put her back on her back and she didn't do it again.

She has never done this to me before and I am wondering if you think it is related to FF and more training. Could this just be letting out performance anxiety? Establishing dominance? This is really the only event or thing that has changed, it just seems weird.

mnaj_springer

Re: Behavoir Change During Force Fetch

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:00 am

Has she been spayed?
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

FoxRed

Post by FoxRed » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:25 am

Yes she is. Sorry to leave that important part out haha

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:36 am

I believe that humping is purely a dominating instinct. Unless you have an intact male with a female in season, obviously...

Therefore you decision to stand over her is a good reaction to establish your dominance with her. I also would pick her up (upside down) and hold her in my arms for a minute or until she stops struggling. That too is a big dominant routine. This may or may not be related to the FF you are doing. Depending on what techniques you are using in your FF....if you are doing an ear pinch, toe pinch, or some of the older techniques, then this humping could be related to the FF....otherwise, probably not

For FF is always a good choice, if you know what you are doing or use a good pro....

Good Luck

FoxRed

Post by FoxRed » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:24 am

Thanks, we are in "hold" right now. So no real discomfort is involved.

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:40 am

FoxRed wrote:...last night as we are watching tv on the couch she casually walks over and starts trying to hump me.
My intel is that's why the Brits don't practice force fetch - let's just leave it at that :wink:

Nah, just kidding there, but I don't think it was necessarily dominance related but hormonal - you were the nearest available and only sentient being around for her to "express herself" on (unless she also chose to hump the TV). My alpha bitches (intact) allow themselves to be mounted by the more submissive females, in or out of season - and no fireworks (or litters, obviously) ensue.

MG

FoxRed

Post by FoxRed » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 am

She does mount other dogs that she plays with. I always pull her off and correct. Her demeanor doing it with me did not seem to be the same as when she does it to other dogs. If that makes sense, it did not to be as "dominant", but more "emotional".

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:26 am

crackerd wrote: My intel is that's why the Brits don't practice force fetch - let's just leave it at that :wink:
MG

:D :D :D :lol:
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:52 am

Oi ! Watch it you ! :lol:

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !