Bark collars

Chaingang

Bark collars

Post by Chaingang » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Looking for opinions, the good, the bad and the ugly if there is any.

What brands and or models are trustworthy and durable? The consensus from I can find so far seems to point to Dogtra or TT/Garmin.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Bark collars

Post by Sharon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:51 pm

I've used a D.T. Systems mini on my JRT for a year +. ( 7 levels) Very happy with it and so are the neighbours. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:12 pm

I'll second the DT systems ones. I use one for the wife's yappy dachshund
Cass
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Get a SportDOG No Bark 6. It's all you'll ever need. It's water proof, so it can go anywhere, and when it detects a bark it starts at the lowest level and works it's way up to six. I never had a dog go all the way to six. Just turn it on and put it on your dog. I wouldn't own a SportDOG eCollar, but I love their bark collars.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:21 pm

Stoneface wrote:Get a SportDOG No Bark 6. It's all you'll ever need. It's water proof, so it can go anywhere, and when it detects a bark it starts at the lowest level and works it's way up to six. I never had a dog go all the way to six. Just turn it on and put it on your dog. I wouldn't own a SportDOG eCollar, but I love their bark collars.
I like that feature much better than the collar I suggested /use.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett